All reviews foot spa fresh fruit biscuits west highland way packed lunch take away b bs kippers smoked salmon and scrambled eggs guest house next morning shower gel breakfast table full scottish long walk black pudding everything you could possibly need
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2019

We spent a night here on our walk around the west highland way. We were greeted by the very gruff son who directed us to the wet room at side of house to leave our things before we were let into the house. Nice welcome. NOT!!!
When I went back I saw our cases in the downstairs room and went in but that seemed to be the wrong thing to do as the grump was even worse.
The room itself was okay although a little cluttered with the owners personal nic naks everywhere as was the whole house. There was a strong smell of stale smoke which made me feel ill.There were plenty of biscuits,sweets etc and loads of toiletries.
We went out for our evening meal but on our return we had a problem with the key for our door but rather than come to help us the owner just shouted from the kitchen. So rude.
We slept ok until around 5am when there was a clattering of pots in the kitchen and disgusting coughing.

At breakfast one of the guests asked should she have ordered toast only to be rudely told that he had to make it before he brought it in.

When we were leaving another guest came in from the so called drying room and said that her things were still soaking and that the heater wasn't on. The owner replied that he had switched it off as a lot of people don't like the heat. The guest said that it wasn't a good start to the day going out in wet clothes and boots only to be told that he couldn't help the weather. That is not the sort of attitude to take with a paying guest.
We all felt that we were an inconvenience during our stay. No one came near us to say goodbye or thank you as we left.

I certainly will never be back. Not a good impression to make on anyone but especially a guest from another country.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2019

Myself and my friend stayed here while we doing the west highland way. On arrival, the man of the house was a tad crabbit, but just thought he might have been having a bad day! Elsie was extremely nice and we had a great chat at the bottom of the stairs. She told me if we needed anything at all we were just to ask.
The house it’s self is beautiful, albeit, full of royal dalton figurine dolls and doilies etc, reminded me of my gran’s house! The room itself was clean and full of everything you could possibly need. There was chocolate on every table along with haribo sweeties everywhere.
When we went to bed, I could smell cigarette smoke coming from the drains in the bathroom. And was woken up around 3:15 am with pots n pans banging, drew and his son coughing and spluttering and again smell of smoke. I never got back to sleep.
When we went down for breakfast , we felt awkward, we sat down only to be given a row that we were not to sit at the table we sat at as there was other people staying??
The Breakfast itself was HUGH, was very greasy but we ate as much as we could as we had a long day ahead of us! We were just about to leave when the coughing and spluttering started again in which I nearly threw my breakfast back up!!
Would we stay here again? Probably not, for a couple of reasons. We felt like we were intruding and an inconvenience. The smell of cigarette smoke. Maybe go right outside for a ciggy and shut all doors when you do. Second hand smoke is just as dangerous as smoking itself!! And maybe be a bit more welcoming, after all your being paid well.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

We arrived with plenty of wet gear off the West Highland Way and the drying shed worked very well for us. We had a spacious clean room for a couple and our children. The whole place is very clean and tidy and breakfast was great. Packed lunches were OK but there are also options in the nearby village that I would look at if we were doing this again. Very prompt and accommodating communication over an item of gear that I carelessly left behind. And a lovely little village.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed August 1, 2019

This is a great bed and breakfast in kinlochleven which was a last minute booking for us due to a ferry cancellation. We were made very welcome on our stay and found the room very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2019

My brother and I arrived at Edencoille soaking wet from the downpour on the WHW, and while we didn't expect our hosts to hug us upon arrival, the surly Drew told us to leave our stuff in the shed. Never an introduction, never a "how was your walk", there was nothing warm about this guy. I was minutes from leaving and just grabbing a room down at the pub.
The room was tiny. The bathroom, while all brand new and shiny, was also a tight squeeze, but it wasn't too bad. Breakfast was very good, but the packed lunches we got were the worst ones we had on the whole WHW.
In short, this guy (we never met anyone else) was the least hospitable B&B host I have ever experienced. As we were walking down the stairs the next morning to depart, we walked by him and he never had the courtesy to say good bye. Tons of chatychkes everywhere; I felt like I was sleeping at grandma's house. It's also the furthest house from the pubs, so plan on a 10-15 minute walk to get dinner.

Room tip: twin room is good for two six year olds, but not two adults
Date of stay: June 2019