This 'hotel' is ideal for backpackers or people looking for a cheap and cheerful nights stay. The rooms are pretty basic and the bathrooms could do with being updated. The hotel is really a pub with a few rooms upstairs. When we stayed it was a saturday and at night music from the pub could be heard until well into the early hours. The rooms were also really warm, despite no heating being on! There was a fan in the room but it didn't do much to keep the room cool. Overall not great! I wouldn't stay again.
One good point is the highland feast breakfast! Very tasty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The MacDonald Hotel and Cabins in Kinlochleven is at the head of Loch Leven with breathtaking views. Ideally situated for those walking the West Highland Way, along with other walks in the area. Mark and I took the hotel over on 17th January 2014 and appreciate all of the reviews on Tripadvisor, but look forward to receiving our own. We have seen the feedback on Breakfast times and this will be addressed! Thanks and we look forward to welcoming you. Helen & Mark ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Hotel Kinlochleven
- The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins Kinlochleven, Scotland