Pre booked a cabin at The MacDonald Hotel, only to arrive after a very very long day walking the West Higland Way to ask if a paid upgrade was possible.
The excellent owner immediately helped out, changed our accomodation to a room and kept the kitchen open a little longer than usual just to cook us some dinner.
The food was just the trick after a long day, the service and staff flawless, and it was indeed a very restful nights sleep with excellent morning views.
I'm sure i'll be doing the West Highland Way again, and know i'll be staying here again on the Kinlochleven leg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The MacDonald Hotel and Cabins in Kinlochleven is at the head of Loch Leven with breathtaking views. Ideally situated for those walking the West Highland Way, along with other walks in the area. Mark and I took the hotel over on 17th January 2014 and appreciate all of the reviews on Tripadvisor, but look forward to receiving our own. We have seen the feedback on Breakfast times and this will be addressed! Thanks and we look forward to welcoming you. Helen & Mark ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Hotel Kinlochleven
- The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins Kinlochleven, Scotland