We arrived at the MacDonald hotel wet, cold and very tired. The first person we saw was a very friendly, helpful receptionist who brought us towels and helped us out of our wet gear. We were told where the drying room, dinning room and bar was then were shown to our rooms. They were bright and clean I was delighted to find a bath and lots of hot water! The meal we had in the Bothy bar was well cooked, well presented and the service was great. The house white wine is one of the best house wines I have had. After the meal we sat in armchairs in tfron of the fire and enjoyed a whisky from the excelent selection in the bar.
I arrived at the hotel exhausted and dreading the last section of walking up the West Highland Way., but the stay at this friendly, comfortable hotel made me feel able to finish the walk. Thank you, MacDonald Hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The MacDonald Hotel and Cabins in Kinlochleven is at the head of Loch Leven with breathtaking views. Ideally situated for those walking the West Highland Way, along with other walks in the area. Mark and I took the hotel over on 17th January 2014 and appreciate all of the reviews on Tripadvisor, but look forward to receiving our own. We have seen the feedback on Breakfast times and this will be addressed! Thanks and we look forward to welcoming you. Helen & Mark ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Hotel Kinlochleven
- The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins Kinlochleven, Scotland