Staff didn't seem to want you there, didn't even offer a good morning at breakfast. Room was dated even for the 1990's with the smallest double bed in Scotland along with the smallest portable TV presumably sourced from an antique fair. Nothing like the photos or reviews, please don't expect more here than from sleeping rough outside from your stay. A terrible nights sleep and an all round unforgettable experience for all the wrong reasons. The worst hotel on the West Highland Way by a country mile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The MacDonald Hotel and Cabins in Kinlochleven is at the head of Loch Leven with breathtaking views. Ideally situated for those walking the West Highland Way, along with other walks in the area. Mark and I took the hotel over on 17th January 2014 and appreciate all of the reviews on Tripadvisor, but look forward to receiving our own. We have seen the feedback on Breakfast times and this will be addressed! Thanks and we look forward to welcoming you. Helen & Mark ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Hotel Kinlochleven
- The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins Kinlochleven, Scotland