We stayed one night in the hotel, and had dinner and breakfast. Meals were lovely, and the portion sizes were great.
The hotel is in a great location, and is handy for both Glencoe and Fort William.
Staff were very friendly and welcoming.
Room was clean and comfortable. However, we were able to hear everything from neighbouring rooms. Also, the shower was either freezing cold or scalding hot. No happy medium. That said, as we were only staying one night, it didn't spoil our enjoyment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The MacDonald Hotel and Cabins in Kinlochleven is at the head of Loch Leven with breathtaking views. Ideally situated for those walking the West Highland Way, along with other walks in the area. Mark and I took the hotel over on 17th January 2014 and appreciate all of the reviews on Tripadvisor, but look forward to receiving our own. We have seen the feedback on Breakfast times and this will be addressed! Thanks and we look forward to welcoming you. Helen & Mark ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Hotel Kinlochleven
- The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins Kinlochleven, Scotland