We ate dinner but did stay at the Macdonald Hotel and had a delightful and moderately priced meal in extraordinary surroundings.
This is a very friendly and accomodating place where many walkers congregate. The proprietress greeted us and we found the food fresh, well prepared and very pleasantly served.
But what made our visit special was the extraordinary beauty of the location - at the head of Loch Leven with a stunning view down the loch with hills and mountains fading into the mist one after another to infinty. Just one of those places those that makes you feel as if you were in a movie. One terrific evening on the West Highland Way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The MacDonald Hotel and Cabins in Kinlochleven is at the head of Loch Leven with breathtaking views. Ideally situated for those walking the West Highland Way, along with other walks in the area. Mark and I took the hotel over on 17th January 2014 and appreciate all of the reviews on Tripadvisor, but look forward to receiving our own. We have seen the feedback on Breakfast times and this will be addressed! Thanks and we look forward to welcoming you. Helen & Mark ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Hotel Kinlochleven
- The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins Kinlochleven, Scotland