“What a fab time!”
Review of Ice Factor

Ice Factor
More attraction details
Owner description: A must visit for adventure seekers of all ages. World's biggest indoor ice climbing wall, Rock Climbing and New Aerial Adventure Course. Taster and skills classes every day.Free children's play area, cafe, cosy climbers bar/restaurant, sauna and steam room. 4 star activity centre, 5 times winner of top tourism award for tourism excellence
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What a fab time!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

First time ice climbing, but definitely not the last time! I was a bit nervous beforehand as I am scared of heights, so I wasn't sure whether I would enjoy my time at Ice Factor. The truth was that I loved it so much, I am already organising my next visit with some other mates. Our instructor, Joe, was really friendly and made me feel secure the whole time. He was great at ensuring everyone was enjoying their time and getting involved. So glad to know that a place like this is at our doorstep!

• Finnish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“fab time with Joe”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

my five year old daughter had her boat trip cancelled due to rain. I thought it might be good if she done a little physical workout instead of sitting in the car. Dropped in past Ice Factor and was met by Joe who was fantastic with his communication with my daughter. Made her laugh and gave first class instruction and even got me a harness so I could join my daughter climbing the walls. A real good guy and my daughter wants to return because of him.

Visited March 2014
Barnsley, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fab mornings climb in a lovely set up . ”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I've got to say I had lost faith in Scottish service after spending three days at the rude glencoe mountain resort , until I got to ice factor ! Everyone was very nice and helpful . The service was second to none and they bent over backwards to make sure we got our monies worth. We'll definitely be back.
Woody

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Introduction to ice climbing”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Spent a fun afternoon at the ice factor hiding from the wet and windy weather. Had a few hours warming up at the excellent climbing wall where there are a great range of lead and top roped routes. We then had an hour and a half instructed session on ice climbing. Our instructor was Joe who was really helpful and knowledgeable. Had great fun and the time flew past, initially I thought the session was a little bit expensive but now I would recommend it as great value for money.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great instructor with good knowledge”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Booked a bespoke winter skills course with the ice factor after receiving a voucher from my wife as a present. Very helpful staff with good knowledge throughout the booking process. The instructor mark was very helpful and knowledgeable, and provided me with a great day out whilst learning at every given opportunity. Recommended for anyone wishing to take that step up from summer walking to winter excursions.