“This is a great, friendly hotel..........”
Review of Kilfinan Hotel

Kilfinan Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kilfinan
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is such a beautiful spot, lovely, lovely comfortable rooms, very friendly staff and owners, nothing to much trouble, put my venison shopping in the hotel fridge, find me bus times, no problem. Peace perfect peace, could not be better.

Room Tip: I think the tighnabruach room was great but I suspect non less than good.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a fabulous time at the Kilfinan Hotel. Everything and everybody was great for the whole of our stay. It all started well being greeted by the Jessie and Flo the border collies before we had even reached the Hotel door. The people are cool, the animals are cool, the food is great and the beds and rooms are spotless comfy and lovely. This is a fantastic place to come to a halt.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am very disappointed in the kilfinan hotel and its management. I unfortunately booked my wedding there and was left feeling very upset and hurt by the managers.

Upon arrival, after traveling for a long distance we were told the manager could not see us and to come back later which made us feel very unwelcome.The room where the ceremony was to be held was untidy and undecorated, with food lying at the tables. I was left feeling very disappointed. My family then had to go down and do the room themselves, they also had to swap the room for the reception after the meal with no interest from the management ( even though they had previously agreed that this would be done).

The vegetarian meal was very small portions and guests were finished as some were still waiting on their meal to arrive and it was only 24 adults. The children's meals were inedible.

Our wedding day will never happen again and I am so disappointed that we picked this venue as we were made to feel very unwelcome apart from a couple of members of staff (Madelon, Vahri and Lin) who tried their hardest and were very friendly. The manger never welcomed us or came to see us herself.

To put the icing on the cake, when we simply queried extra charges on the bill this was met with some extremely rude and disrespectful comments to myself and my husband and a refusal to discuss the matter, we were told to return in a couple of days. After her comments and the way she spoke to us we were not prepared to pay any extra. Upon return with 2 family members who work in the hotel industry we were spoken to in a highly unprofessional manner, even though we were in no way irate or disrespectful to her, the manager ended up screaming, insulting and swearing at us! We could not believe it and I have never experienced anything so disrespectful and disgusting in all my life. Definitely need some anger management and lessons in customer service. We will never get our day back and I dread to think what it would have been like had it not been for our fantastic family and friends pulling together.

After reading some of the other comments on here it upsets me that I did not have the same experience at all.
I don't think they should take bookings for more than 10 people at a time as they obviously can not handle it and I definitely hope no else has the misfortune of having their wedding there!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Lila M
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the 21st of july 2013, the occasion being my sons wedding which was being held at this venue, the food was average with quite small portions served to us, the price of alcoholic drinks was expensive, and to complete the stay my son and his new wife were verbally abused and sworn to by the hotel manager , all they did was to question the billing for several items they were being charged for, I would therefore certainly not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: rooms at rear have a partial sea view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Jim M
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Although I usually go for sea side hotels, this one - tucked away in the country - was a lovely experience. Beautiful surroundings - incredibly friendly and kind owners and staff - room/bed/bathroom - all perfect. Like being on vacation with the " family" a bit - it just felt like I was so welcome. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We recently spent one night in this wonderful gem of a place. We received a really friendly welcome from everyone associated with the hotel. Lots of chat, advice about the area, knowledge about where to go for what etc. It was just a most welcoming and relaxing place without it feeling forced in the slightest. The food was delicious and not pretending to be be anything other than what it was. Good honest local produce cooked in such a way as to let the main act shine through and not hidden by any over fancy sauces etc. We sat by the open fire in the bar to eat our meal and the atmosphere was just superb. A good nights sleep was had in a most comfortable bed in a spotless modern en-suite room with a shower over the bath.Traffic noise.....sorry what traffic... we only saw a few cars pass the whole time we were there..was non existent. It was just so peaceful. No tv but who cares! Look out the window and that will beat the tv any day or just go downstairs for a chat and let the world fly by in it's own time. A friendly greeting in the morning followed by a hearty full Scottish breakfast that would have floored the best of us. Again local produce beautifully cooked and delicious. More chat, more history of Kilfinan and the surrounding area and a warm cheerio ended the stay. Cannot recommend highly enough. An absolute gem

Room Tip: Phone and ask the staff to recommend a room that meets your needs
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

A relaxed place to stay in a delightful quiet corner of Argyll. Madelon gave us a smiling welcome which set the tone for our entire stay. The best of gentle warm hospitality with comfort and good local food. We were sorry to leave.

Room Tip: Just phone and ask which might suit you best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank anniemunro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilfinan
The Royal an Lochan
#1 of 1 in Cairnbaan
Anchor Hotel
Anchor Hotel
#1 of 4 in Tarbert

Been to Kilfinan Hotel? Share your experiences!