All reviewsjunior suiteloch awesingle track roaddining roomloch viewromantic getawaycourse dinnersnooker tablefour poster bedbeautiful locationmain coursedrovers inndecanter of sherryhotel groundspeace and quietthe general managerlovely hotel
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The last part of the journey to is hotel is 7 miles along a single track road - usually a nightmare but only passed one car each way! The hotel is lovely and very relaxing - great setting next to Loch Awe which we could see from our bed. Dinner is a 5 or 6 set course menu. I would normally prefer a choice but the food is amazing and can't be faulted at all so it wasn't an issue here. Breakfast was also v tasty. Only reason I marked it down to 4 stars is for some of the staff. Wait staff were good but reception and bar staff made me feel awkward and they seemed surprised that we went to the bar for a soft drink in the afternoon! And no diet coke!!

Room Tip: Get a view of the loch.
1  Thank DuvetDreamer
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is our 2nd stay here as a birthday treat for my husband and we were not disappointed. If you are looking for that WOW factor then this is the hotel for you. The staff are extremely friendly and the food is to die for - that something extra special that you normallyi do not experience. We stayed in our old room no 19 with a loch view, and after a lovely walk round Loch Avich came back to a hot bath - pure luxury and a wee glass of sherry! This is certainly value for money as we reserved our room via a discount voucher but the second night was matched for the same price! It is just little personal things that make this hotel special as Fiona recognised us on our return visit. Cannot fault the hotel or staff - a very special weekend was had. Will most certainly return again to this little gem of peace and tranquility!!

Room Tip: Request a Junior Suite as very spacious and views spectacular over the Loch
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Went for a night with my partner as we love the area. Had a great evening despite the crazy weather, Staff were polite and friendly, food was fab and rooms were spotless. Will definately go back again. I normally always have something to complain about as I love a moan but on this occassion could find no complaints!

Room Tip: Ask for a lochside view
1  Thank NickyCannon
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We got married here in Oct 2007 and this is the first time we have managed to get back. Our room was excellent and spotless. Food was good and the staff could not be more friendly or helpful. The hotel has had lots of work done, it is an old building so I guess its difficult ti keep everything in ship shape order but the staff here manage it because it is absolutely perfect. Lovely grounds and gardens and lovely views. Can't wait to get back, musn't leave it so long next time, I had forgitten how lovely it was

1  Thank GolfStar57
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel is in a wonderful spot. The room we had was lovely with great views and a huge bathroom. The staff were friendly and helpful - the reception had a note that I was vegetarian and a seperate menu was waiting for me in our room. The food was great and the staff attentive. The candles along the corridor were a magical touch in the evening. I would unreservedly recommend this hotel for its ambience and service.