“STAFF FANTASTIC!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kentallen
PETERHEAD
“STAFF FANTASTIC!!!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

April 2012 a friend of mine stayed in this hotel and was secretly married on this trip!! I was the long distance bridesmaid. On the day of the wedding when I phoned and spoke to the very nervous bride, I thought she needed a drink to calm the nerves!!! I telephoned and asked if possible could they put some wine to the room, Shona was a star!!! Organised bottle of bubbly to the room went to check on the bride and as time was limited I had to phone back to pay the bill!!! Shona could not have done enough for me or the bride. So a big thank you. I have never stayed at this hotel but I was so impressed with the service that I got over the phone and nothing seemed to be a problem I will be making a visit hopefully soon. Thank you for all your help on the wedding day!! Shona you were a sweetheart.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed in one of the lodges on the bank of Loch Linnhe, with everything you need inside from washing machine, well equipped kitchen, to DVD player and cot! We stayed with a 10 month old baby, everywhere was safe and we could even let him explore the balcony over the beach through the patio doors, as it was well fenced in.

The views at all times of the day are stunning, but the best time is sunset on the balcony with a glass of wine trying spot seals and otters (we saw a seal on our first night).

The Hotel (the lodges are within the Hotel's grounds) has a small but quiet swimming pool, a sauna, and a very good restaurant. The service is friendly and attentive, the staff are happy to recommend dishes and know their stuff about the local food used. The modules mariniere are fantastic, as is the haggis-stuffed chicken with whisky and cream sauce. Very good breakfasts too!

The Hotel is a converted train station with some of the original features preserved sympathetically. It is in a perfect location to explore the area between Fort William and Oban. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We didn't stay in the hotel but would consider it if we returned to the area. A lovely setting. We ate in the bar section of the restaurant. It was very busy but staff were friendly and efficient. Food was hot and well presented. My husband enjoyed his chicken and haggis main course so much he didn't want a dessert to spoil the taste! I had scallops and was not disappointed either. The apple and cinnamon crepe was a lovely finish to the meal. Overall a very good dining experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

This was our 5 visit to the Holly Tree and it was great again. For the first time, we even got nice weather! Only disappointment was to be in a Captains Room for the first time. Was surprised at the poor customer care given over the phone before arriving when I checked re the upgrade. Not a problem not having it just being basically accused of lying wasn't nice. This didn't detract for the stay.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Great value for money. We really enjoyed our stay and wish we'd had longer to make use of the pool.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
scotland
Reviewed May 12, 2012

just spent three days at the hotel for my fiftieth birthday. I don't know where the negative reviews come from but all I can say is " PERFECT". Food, service, room, views, friendly staff. I can't think of a negative. THANKYOU.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lancashire
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stunning location,large spacious room and excellent food what more can I say.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kentallen
RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,150 reviews
Inverlochy Castle Hotel
Inverlochy Castle Hotel
#2 of 21 in Fort William

Been to Holly Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!