Dunvalanree
$137
$153
$143
Agoda.com
Gigha Hotel(Isle of Gigha)(Great Value!)
$24
$216
Anchor Hotel(Tarbert)
$119
TripAdvisor
All reviewshomemade shortbreadpre dinner drinksseafoodother guestsevening mealamazing foodbeautiful settinggreat visitkind hostslet them knowout of seasonwhiskeybayalisonaccommodationheavenwalks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We booked with high expectations of excellent facilities and superb food, having been twice before. We weren't disappointed by Alan's warm welcome and the cosy, spotless room. The food though exceeded even our high expectations, with Alison's menus showcasing beautiful local produce which were then exquisitively cooked.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Recently had dinner at Dunvalanree twice whilst staying at Carradale.
This place is a treasure of a find, and we had the freshest of local fair, cooked to heavenly perfection by Alyson, served by Alan, and you can't dine in many places where the host places the 'catch of the day' fresh brown trout before you on your plate !
A must stop for warmest welcomes, and I am returning in September for more laughter and great food, ........cannot wait !

Room Tip: I did not have the pleasure of staying, but my friend did, and she was so well looked after ,just like family !
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed just one night sadly this time, but will be back. Rooms were lovely, we had room 7, huge bed and delightful view over the bay. Lovely big good quality traditional bathroom. Our two sons had room 8 opposite, this is the first time we have stayed in a hotel with the boys in a different room and I was nervous they wouldn't like it. Their room wasn't en-suite, so they shared our bathroom, which was perfect, they loved having their own space. We stayed on a DBB rate and all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner (locally sourced scallops, seabass and other tasty delights) and breakfast the next morning (with fresh eggs from their chickens). Please stay in this gorgeous hotel and experience the fantastic hosts, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was so lucky that this hotel was recommended to me by another local hotelier! First trip to the Mull of Kintyre and it rained incessantly for four days. However, the pleasures of Dunvalanree more than made up for it! Superb home cooking of locally sourced ingredients in abundance and conversational fun with the owners and other guests kept our spirits high and made up for the weather. My bed was excellent - I have a Tempur at home and am wary of change - and the walkin shower with lots of hot water and nice toiletries provided creature comforts in an unseasonal July. I noticed that there was abundant coffee for passing walkers who called in for a cup. This place reminds me of small hotels in picturesque places in "Hidden Ireland", quirky and fun, with voluptuously wonderful food, served up by real people! hope to return soon!

Room Tip: I needed a downstairs room as I have a hip problem and this was excellent - in fact it is the only hotel with this facility in the vicinity so I was lucky that the hotel was recommended to me for that reason.There is a little private verandah to use in better weather!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a real gem of a small hotel set in this stunningly beautiful part of Kintyre. The rooms are well appointed, and we had a glorious bay view. This charming small Hotel is right on the Port Righ beach side, and I must say your hosts Alyson and Alan, will make sure you have a warm welcome. As will their beautiful dogs -the little white Westie and the big black Poodle, a great double act.The breakfasts are very special, with a great choice -excellent porridge and try the kippers or Finnan Haddie -all locally sourced and delicious. They also do an excellent evening meal by arrangement, where an impressive menu is gloriously realised by Alyson.
The location is so very special, and the walks all around, from the spectacular acres of white sand beaches all around, Machrahanish( where the Mull of Kintyre promo was shot) being just one, to the majestic heights and valleys of the Kintyre Way. A great and glorious getaway .

Room Tip: There isn't a bad view from this hotel, but the rooms on the beach and bay side are even more special
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple