Allt-Na-Craig
Grey Gull Inn(Ardrishaig)
$85
The Argyll Inn(Lochgilphead)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
$200
$164
$119
  • Pool
The Royal an Lochan(Tighnabruaich)
$94
All reviewsloch fynecomfortable place to staylocal producetheir beautiful homefeel very welcomeroaring firefantastic viewsnew ownerswonderful hotelstewart roomstayed for one nightlarge roomlovely roomfollowing morningan overnight stayexcellent stayhosts
Reviewed May 14, 2011

With my wife and two friends we spent one night at this wonderful Guest House where we found the service by the owners uqual to any small hotel. My wife and I had a nice double room with good views over the loch. The evening meal was a joy, very well cooked and presented in a Dining Room which could be described at stately. There was a reasonable choice of wines with the meal and a fair selection of after dinner drinks served in a nice louge by the owner. All in all a most pleasant experience and should we be that way again we would most certainly use this Guest House again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kingussiederek
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We recently enjoyed a week long holiday on the West coast staying at different venues each night. This was the most expensive of all our stop overs so I was expecting something very special.
We had chosen to pay a supplement for the "superior" Buchanan room but even excluding this, our stay was 20% more expensive here with other rooms costing £35-40 but the Allt-Na-Craig coming in at £50 for their standard B&B. Thus my expectations were perhaps too high. We received a very warm welcome despite our early arrival and Charlotte and Hamish were very friendly throughout. We had opted to eat dinner there. At >£25 per head we were disappointed. The three course meal was very wholesome, home cooked and perfectly OK - but was presented with no finesse. A smoked venison and melon starter sounded lovely but anyone could put some packeted wafer thin meat and a fan of melon on a plate, where was the garnish? The fish stew had only one fish included and the beef casserole and chicken dishes were very safe and homely. The desert menu with tarte au citron and sticky toffee pudding etc sounded far from homemade.
Our rooms were very nice with the Buchanan room having a fabulous view but it did come at extra cost, the jacuzzi bath was lovely. The twin room we were given was the least nice of the rooms our children had stayed in all week with very bright green walls and old fashioned crocheted bedcovers. It was perfectly OK and clean but nothing special with no view. If you choose to stay here you should ask for a front facing room. Breakfast was very nice with a menu of fish/cooked etc but on comparison was 4/5 that we had experienced during the week.
I may sound critical but this is purely on pricing we loved our stay but do not feel it justified the extra price tag!

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here ask for a front facing
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
GHNScotland, Owner at Allt-Na-Craig, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2011

We really enjoyed having you and are very sorry that you felt let down by the quality and price of the food. In our defence, our other reviewers do not seem to agree but we take all comments to heart and will look again at our menus and pricing

Reviewed March 11, 2011

I had to be in the area at very short notice recently and have to say both Charlotte and Hamish were very accommodating to my short notice (I called on a Monday night at 9pm to stay the next night) I then needed to stay an extra night which I did not confirm until 8pm on my first night. As I was working I needed to use the dinner, bed and breakfast rate and must say the food was fantastic, I was a little surprised to be asked to choose my evening meal on check in however when informed all food is cooked on an Aga all was forgiven. Great eating at both evening meals and breakfast.
Beyond all else however I must say to pay £45 a night to stay is such amazing surrounding is no money at all, Due to work commitments I stay at a great number of chain hotels who charge twice the amount for a mirror image room which can be motorway/trunkroad adjacent with no character at all.
Please go for the view and stay for the food and open fire.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Charlotte and Hamish welcome you personally and that care stays with you till you leave. One of the best B&B's I have stayed in, Very comfortable rooms and veiws across the Loch giving a spectacular sunrise to wake up to. The standard of the food is well above the norm and the selection of available local produce reassures you that a lot of care has gone into delivering your meal to the table. Dont look anywhere else on unless you can't get in here is the best recommendation I can give. Nearby is the world famous Argyll Trail Riding at Brenfield, an experience not to be missed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Charlotte andHamish made us very welcome and their local knowldge was invaluable. Don't bother looking around for evening meals - choose the DBB option and enjoy Charlotte's cooking and hamish's wine list.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple