“Lovely location”
Review of Grey Gull Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ardrishaig
Grey Gull Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ardrishaig
Reviewed April 25, 2008

Stayed here in March and enjoyed the lovely location. The new owner has made great changes and the the whole effect is very welcoming. The food was really good and the price was excellent. This is a brilliant place to stay in Argyll and will suit all visitors to the area.

• Stayed: March 2008

Reviewed April 12, 2008

I stayed at this location whilst traveling on business. I was pleasantly welcomed by the friendly staff and owner.
Enjoying good food and wine surrounded by the fabulous view helped to make this a perfect overnight stop.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed March 10, 2008

Loved the Grey Gull. The common area was very comfortable with a view of the Loch. The restaurant is fabulous. We expected to eat at different places in town, but every night we couldn't resist eating at the hotel. The staff are really nice, and asked us every morning what we felt like having for breakfast. The room we stayed in was a little tired, but the overall experience more than compensated.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed September 18, 2007

First the good points : great view of the loch from my room, good breakfast. The bad points however outweighed these : the room was not terribly clean, there was no hot water in the morning (I ran the shower for around 15 minutes and managed to get a tepid shower), and the management seemed distinctly lacking in welcome. I didn't bother complaining, I got the impression it would have been useless. There has to be somewhere better to stay in Ardrishaig or Lochgilpead.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank doodler
Reviewed September 11, 2007

A lovely hotel on the ground floor - but as you go higher up everything gets a little grim. My father had a beautiful room on the ground floor. Our room was in the Attic. First room we were given reeked of smoke, and had no way of opening the windows. After complaining we were moved to another attic room. Again it stank of smoke, but we were able to open the windows. Room was clean but basic. No lampshade on ceiling light - just a bare bulb. No remote control for tv, and also no shower, just a bath. Not much for £90 a night.
On booking out tried to tell the Manager that the room was not really up to standard. He lost it totally. His opinion was that the room was not important, as you were paying for the "whole package". He then proceeded to to tell us how much his improvements were costing him. He offered a partial refund, then changed his mind. When I told him I would write a review of his hotel he flipped. He chased us out to our car, telling me to be careful what I wrote, and to remember that "24 members of staff depended on the hotel work to support them and their families". The staff have my sympathy.
This spoiled a perfectly pleasant weekend. I wasn't really looking for a refund. An apology would have suficed.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank frequent_holidays
Reviewed June 9, 2007

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank mobee51
Reviewed January 23, 2007

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank LindaKir
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardrishaig
Allt-Na-Craig
#2 of 3 in Inveraray
Lochgair Hotel
Lochgair Hotel
#2 of 3 in Lochgilphead

Been to Grey Gull Inn? Share your experiences!