All reviews steak pie bar area restaurant upstairs lovely hotel pudding high tea lovely meal pleasant staff spacious room cake would highly recommend a visit fresh toast quality and quantity four poster bed new venture family party bar meals
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

I was given a weekend here for myself and partner as a gift. I was impressed by the Arlie arms. The room was much bigger than any hotel room I've ever had in Scotland. The wifi wasn't too great but the bed was very comfortable and the bath was huge. There was a lot of hot water that never seemed to run out. We had dinner brought to the room, we both had steak pie which was better than I was hoping for. It was a very quiet, peaceful place and I would happily go back.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2018

I arrived to friendly staff and was taken to a spacious room. My first activity was to run a bath and the hot water gushed out and filled the bath quickly. It was then I decided to review the place as it was great to get into a nice hot bath minutes after arriving. The room and bathroom had large sash windows that opened easily and stayed open as I like fresh air. The bed was firm and comfortable and I slept really well. It was clean and well presented, the tea and coffee were replaced as I used them and the towels were large, fluffy and sparkling white. I had breakfast once and it was excellent. I did not use the bar so cannot comment on that.

Room tip: I had a room overlooking a garden. Very quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

We only stopped in for drinks. The bar staff were nice and polite and the place was clean and bright. A good selection of drink, well presented when ordered. A bonus was there was piped music playing, but at a level where you could actually chat. Would return.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2018

My friends and I stayed here for two nights while out shooting pigeons for the weekend. Airlie Arms is a really quaint pub/restaurant/hotel located with many nearby pubs. It has to be one of the most restful hotels I have ever visited. Yes, the pub is well lit. But the food was really top quality for such a place. I asked the waitress to bring me whatever she thought was the best... a perfectly cooked scallop and black pudding app was the entree and a beautiful steak and holandaise my main. I found that the staff was friendly and really accommodating. The room was spacious, clean and really comfortable.

It was a cheap and great weekend. It beat the heck out of the so-called 5 star expensive places you see recommended. and

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

It's a nice place, clean and well decorated. But the staff barely say hello, the lights are glareingly bright and given that we were there on a Friday night, it's incredibly empty. The general feeling we had was the place lacks any soul. We really couldn't leave quick enough.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple