“A beautiful place to visit”

Meldrum House Country Hotel & Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oldmeldrum
Reviewed October 19, 2006

The hotel is in an absolutely gorgeous setting, in both sunny and snowy weather it still manages to look beautiful.

My fiance and I satyed in the hotel for a night. The rooms are exceptionally large, and very clean. The service was excellent and the food was of a very high standard. The staff were very professional, helpful and friendly.

We are getting married here next year and are very much looking forward to the high standards that we have found the hotel to have, every time we have visited.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank DLT27

Reviewed October 3, 2006

Extrememly disappointed. The hotel looks lovely on the drive up, but your good impressions are short lived. The staff are the most unhelpful I have come across in 40 years of travel. Poor organisation, uncleaned rooms and a long wait for food made this a rather unpleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank aberdeenlady
Reviewed July 24, 2006

Had a fabulous special occasion meal, food traditional with an extra special touch. Staff very pleasant and helpful with beautiful house set in wonderful surroundings - would come again and highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank VENALI
Aberdeen
Reviewed July 8, 2006

I decided to treat my boyfriend to a weekend at this hotel as he loves golf and it has a course nearby. The hotel looked nice when we arrived but there was no one at reception and we were left for 20 minutes untill someone arrived. We were then told that we would have to wait for a room as the cleaner had not been in and the owners daughters and friends were cleaning the rooms, as there was a wedding the previous night and everyone had checked out at the same time and close to lunchtime. Two hours later we were shown to our room which was nicely decorated, but the heating was not working so it was very cold. We did not notice this untill the evening and the night porter did supply us with a fan heater, albeit a noisy one.
We ate at the restaurant the following evening and the food was very good, but extortionately priced for what it was. There was also a long wait in between courses. People at a nearby table seemed to be getting better service than we were and we later found out that was because they were planning to have a wedding there next year.

I doubt i will return to this hotel. It could be really nice if it were taken over by a large company with experience of running this type of establishment, as the current operators seem a bit un preapared for every day occurences.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 11, 2006

Excellent food , good service , excellent secluded surroundings. Old country house/golf club.

Old world style ..includes free ghost !

Well worth a visit

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank microlight10
Edinburgh
Reviewed March 21, 2006

When I booked this hotel for a business trip in Aberdeen I thought it looked like a nice relaxing place to stay. How wrong I was, I spent most of my time chasing up the staff to get my room cleaned, and although I had three evening meals in the restaurant, I would only describe one as being of a reasonable quality. The breakfasts were ok but small portions. Alot of time was spent waiting either for room service, drinks, housekeeping and even checking out took an age. Luckily my taxi driver had charged a fixed fee and was not on a meter.
There is a lovely golf course attached to the hotel but even this would not tempt me to return.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pitmedden
Reviewed February 4, 2006

This was our first time visit to Meldrum House Hotel and the meal was beautiful. The staff were efficient and very friendly. I give this a 5 star rating and will definitely be back for a visit.

I agree with the managers previous review regarding mistaken identidy as I too have visited Oldmeldrum Arms and the staff were unfriendly and the service atrocious!!

Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldmeldrum
Macdonald Pittodrie House
#2 of 5 in Inverurie
Macdonald Hotels
Macdonald Hotels
#24 of 65 in Aberdeen

Been to Meldrum House Country Hotel & Golf Course? Share your experiences!