“Sunny day in Newburgh”

Udny Arms Hotel Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I were in Newburgh to visit walk out and see the seals and had to try the reported home of sticky toffee pudding.

We lucked out with weather having a great sunny afternoon. We sat on the terrace and enjoyed the lunch specials.

The server was very friendly and the food was better than we could have asked for.

1  Thank Lakeanahuac

Reviewed July 23, 2012

...which was apparently invented by a local lady, who still gets a free Sunday dinner from the restaurant in recognition of her service to the culinary art-form.
And whatever you have with it, you will not be disappointed.
As we were staying at the hotel, we managed to have both breakfast and dinner there. Breakfast was breakfast, but dinner was awesome. Staff were friendly, helpful and accommodated any request we made (fish and chips, but with yorkshire pudding instead of chips...). The previous night the venison loin was superb.
This was our second visit, and although ownership has changed in the six intervening years, we were not disappointed. We are already planning our next date with the sticky toffee pudding!

1  Thank Peter_Cain
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We arrived late because we had to see the end of the Andy Murray v Roger Federer match! Called ahead and it was not a problem. The menu is wonderful. Having seen another diner's meal we decided against starters and went straight for main course. The children's menu was really great - my son had sausages, mash and a tiny teacup full of garden peas. Two of us opted for the roast rib-eye beef (served beautifully rare) with yorkshire puds and gravy + plenty of cauliflower cheese, carrots, broccoli and roast potatoes as side dishes. The pork and black pudding burger was delicious (served with apple chutney) and a little basket of home made fries. My son enjoyed the pasta with salmon and pollack but wished he had ordered the beef. We managed to eat the lot! Even though we were groaning....we paused for a minute and then ordered 5 sticky toffee puddings! Superb! Staff were attentive, food served promptly, A very enjoyable meal. We took a little saunter across the bridge to the golf course to walk off a few calories before heading back to town. Must not leave it as long 'til our next visit.

1  Thank stucarnia
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Ate here last week with my parents, uncle, aunt and grandmother. The food was lovely! My very picky 9 year old cousin inhaled his three courses - sea bass, chicken and sticky toffee pudding!
I had the pate which was very good. My only problem with the food was my veg was burnt with my main, but apart from that the food was great. Great value for money.
Service was okay - the girls were nice but a bit slow when it came to getting/offering drinks etc.
Great evening though - sticky toffee pudding is amazing!

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Second time in a month that we've been now. Will certainly be back again,Seafood was great to say the least.

1  Thank Chris d