“Fantastic cafe and gallery”

Bridge Cottage Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Poolewe
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups, Spanish, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bridge Cottage Cafe is under new ownership and management. Completely refurbished, Ana and Manu offer delicious Galician baking as well as local favourites. Wherever possible, all food is organic and sourced locally. Special diets including vegans and gluten free can be catered for on request.
scotland
“Fantastic cafe and gallery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

What a wonderful find! Yes, it is a small cafe, but this really adds to it's charm. We visited twice during January 2013, whilst on holiday and were made to feel very welcome both times. Lovely warm log burning stove. Fantastic food. The savoury muffins and Lemon Poppy Seed Cake are beyond delicious! Gallery well worth a look - bought 2 super pieces of pottery at a very reasonable price. Definitely worth a visit if yu are in the area.

1 Thank anteallach

Aberdeen
“Sixth visit to this little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have spent new year in this area for the past six years. We stumbled across this on New Year's Day to be greeted with a young piper playing his little heart out outside the cafe. We were fortunate to get a seat with little difficulty and were not disappointed. We have returned there every year since and the standard has not altered in any way. The small gallery upstairs is well worth a visit - costs me a fortune in cards every year but people who receive them are most appreciative. Hopefully see you again in January 2014.

1 Thank GannetAberdeen
Forres, United Kingdom
“Consistently superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have distant family connection in the area and get over there as often as I can. An essential element to every visit is this wonderful wee cafe. I was there only on Saturday past (very early January) and there was absolutely nothing to disappoint. The log burner was lit and the tasteful Christmas lighting and decoration added to a wintry ambience. The owners are just so warm, welcoming, gracious and GRATEFUL! I can't begin to understand the earlier post which was most unkind. The coffee and cake (well, my friend had a savoury muffin described as "to die for") was superb and all tastes are catered for with "safe" and adventurous offered. There was a toasted pine-nut cake with geranium and chocolate! I had the lemon poppyseed cake...YUM! Attention to detail in type of milk offered in jugs accordingly (green or blue), cute little individual tea-pots, pastry forks, napkins all adds to a sense of occasion without any pretentiousness. Can't recommend this place highly enough so "Bah! Humbug!" to the moaners.

Ullapool, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived at this cafe it was quiet but soon filled up and I was worried in case our food would be delayed.
Instead I was amazed at how organised the couple running the cafe were . My friend had a baked potato and I had a locally smoked salmon salad which had fantastic dressing. The waiter kept our children giggling with a constant flow of jokes and there was a nice atmosphere in the place.
I spied beautiful cakes and fresh scones at the counter, and while I managed to resist I would really love to come back to sample them soon!
I would thoroughly recommend thIs little cafe to anyone passing near Poolewe!

teesside, uk
“Great Cake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had coffee and cake here during our recent holiday to this part of Scotland. The cafe was quite busy and seating is limited so we had to wait for around 15 minutes, 5 minutes of this was spent in the gallery? upstairs.

Once we were seated the coffee was hot and quick to come and the cakes were delicious, the lemon cake was fantastic.

• Visited October 2012