“Excellent” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Airth
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Highly recommended , if a little disorganised.
We booked an overnight stay with 2 half hour treatments, which were excellent one of the best massages I have ever had, the facial was good too.
The pool was hot and jacuzzi very hot and strong bubbles, needs more beds and seats.
The only thing was we were not given our fruit drink on arrival, and no fruit juice at lunch as per advertisement.
Also we were given robes and a towel excellent, but my first treatment was at 9.30 so after I used the wet facilities, next treatment not until 5.00 pm I asked for another robe , to use as the one I had was really wet, but I couldn't get one only one per customer, so I had to sit about wet for lunch and a few hours until next treatment ? Not very good.
The meal at night was mouth watering, we had steak and it was the best, nice atmosphere too.
The bed was ok a little hard for my personal choice but I slept ok

The breakfast excellent choice, and good quality, you have to order fried eggs, and they came when I was almost finished, but fresh good quality.

I would love to give this 5 stars and i hope when I visit again it has sorted the little hiccups I mentioned above and I will give 5 stars

Defiantly worth visiting and I will 100% visit again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
What a lovely review – thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. The team was delighted to read that you had a relaxing spa break. The food from the Grill Room is very good and I would highly recommend to anyone staying within the hotel. I am very pleased that you found the spa treatment and leisure facilities were a nice way to spend your day. I will pass all of your comments onto the relevant team members and we hope to welcome you both back again soon.
Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO, Aurora Hotel Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Penicuik, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute booking which turned out to be great. Hotel setting is picturesque.

We ate lunch in the bar. Was nice and chilled out.

The room was a bit tired looking but it was clean and comfy.

Dinner was definitely the best part! Only comment to make was book early if you don't like eating late. We didn't mind but by checking in at 3pm we could only get am 8pm seating.

We ordered the steak board to share...wow!!!!! The steak was like butter.

Would go back, even just for a meal.

Definitely worth a visit.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. I am delighted to read that you both had a relaxing and enjoyable stay at Airth Castle. The steaks are very good and I would recommend to anyone to try one from the Grill Menu, I will pass your kind comments on to the chef’s and the rest of the team at Airth Castle. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you both back again soon.
Stirling, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed here for business. Room was located on the ground floor of the new building. The room was very dated and could do with major refurbishment.

Unsafe towel rail on entrance to bath mean't I burned my hand while getting into the shower.

I have previously stayed in the castle rooms and they were of better quality however I am sure more expensive.

Recommended as a place to lay your head however if I was opting for a romantic weekend then I wouldn't be so sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
As you can imagine I was very disappointed to read the review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com . Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection.
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I recently stayed at Airth Castle as part of a roadshow covering the North of England and Scotland, and this hotel has easily been the best of a number of hotels used. The staff could not do enough to make myself and the rest of the team feel not only welcomed but part of the family. Everyone was helpful, friendly and polite, and were prepared to go the extra mile to ensure everything was perfect for our event. We were extremely well looked after for the duration of our event by Stephen in the Conference Team, who was dedicated to ensuring everything ran strictly to time, and responded instantly to any change we had. The Reception Team were all great and helped with moving some room allocations. The food was exceptional, and the restaurant staff (especially Chris and Josie) were fantastic.

Some of the rooms are a little dated, but a refurbishment programme is well underway, and once this has been completed, there would be nothing to fault.

I cannot recommend this venue highly enough. Jerry Foster, the GM has a team to be proud of, and I look forward to the day I return. Thank you to all for making this such a successful event.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We were very pleased that your stay was perfect and that everything went without any unnecessary stress. The team at Airth Castle will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass you kind thanks on to Steven for looking after you all so well. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have just returned from an excellent Spa break. The package was great value for money. The treatments were fabulous, the spa lovely and clean, the gym very well equipped and the staff really friendly and professional.
The hotel itself was clean and friendly with good sized rooms with a fantastic shower and really comfy beds.
The food was absolutely delicious with a well balanced menu and very reasonably priced.
I can't wait to go back and am already planning my next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a lovely review – thank you for your kind comments regarding your spa break at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. The Spa breaks are a great way to thoroughly relax and enjoy all the aspects that the hotel has to offer. We hope that you enjoyed your experience and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Alyth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a lovely overnight break in this hotel. vet helpful, friendly staff. Rooms a wee bit old fashioned but warm and clean. The restaurant and food were amazing! the sauna and pool were a lovely treat too. Grand hallways and sitting areas.
A lovely break.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. The team will be very pleased to read that you had a lovely break and that you found the team members to be friendly and helpful. The restaurant food is very good and I am delighted that you enjoyed it. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you both back again soon.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were checked in very efficiently and were pleased with the cleanliness and size of our room as we had brought our dog with us. The staff were diligent and very friendly. We ate in the restaurant for 4 out of 6 nights and found the menu to be varied enough to do this. All our meals were served on hot plates and the food quality surpassed our expectations, it was fine dining at a very reasonable price. We would recommend the chateau briand steak for 2.
Breakfast is self service but does offer a good choice, however poached and fried eggs can be ordered and also porridge, which was really tasty. We paid the supplement for the smoked haddock and felt this was good value. A great location for exploring central Scotland. We would stay again and probably will.

Room Tip: Wing room on ground floor was excellent for pet owners.