“Very good but staff could have been a bit more helpful”

Airth Castle & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Airth
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel is lovely - we went there after my husband had bid in an auction to have dinner there. The room was comfortable and the spa and treatment was an excellent way to spend the afternoon. My only slight criticism is of the slightly unhelpful reception staff who, when we enquired if we could book a table in the restaurant for dinner they told us to go in to the restaurant later and book ourselves and when I enquired about the use of a robe for the spa they sent us to ask the spa staff who then sent us back to reception to get them to send them to our room from housekeeping.
Restaurant staff were superb and the food was excellent as was the breakfast next morning. We shall be returning - maybe the staff were new.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. We are pleased that both you and your husband had a relaxing stay at Airth Castle after winning a prize in an auction. I am delighted that you had some nice relaxation time in the spa. We take all comments on board to improve our custom service your comment has been passed to the relevant team members and we hope to welcome back you and your husband again.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO, Aurora Hotel Collection

Write a ReviewReviews (2,115)

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Was given a nights DBB as a gift and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. All the staff were friendly and very helpful.

My trip to the spa was just magic!

The food was delicious and well presented. Plenty of choice too and the wine list was very reasonable. The wait time was a little slower than you'd expect but there was a wedding party in and the restaurant was busy so only to be expected really.

The only disappointment really were the rooms. They are a little tired and datedlooking and our bed was rather uncomfortable (but its not my bed and I know you cant please everyone). The bathroom like the bedroom could be doing with a refurb and personally the shower in the middle of the ceiling was awful! Not like as in some other luxury accommodation.

However that would not put me off going back.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found the team to be both helpful and friendly. The Spa is a great place to relax after a busy day and the team will be very happy that you were able to experience this. We have taken on board all of your comments regarding the room and these have been passed to the relevant team members. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two nights while attending a wedding. Over the years I have learned to ensure that the room booked meets my requirements and satisfaction and therefore called ahead to the hotel and discussed what I was looking for and I was allocated a room overlooking the courtyard. I popped in to the hotel a few days before my visit to have a look and the staff let me see the room which was most helpful.The room wasn't fancy but was spacious, had a newly fitted ensuite with walk in shower and the bed and bedding were very comfortable. There was no valance around the bed which I thought was unusual to see the bare divan base? It had tea and coffee making facilities and lovely double aspect to the courtyard and to the castle side.
The wedding went like clockwork with Hugh guiding and giving instructions along the way. The food was piping hot on hot plates and served most efficiently by efficient and courteous, polite staff. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff here, they are most helpful. We also had a group meal in a separate room the night after the wedding and again had excellent quality food served by excellent staff. The breakfast is of excellent quality.
In summary, the hotel is not luxurious but it is homely, has excellent food, great service and has hard working and helpful staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Teragram10
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. The team will be pleased to read that you had an enjoyable two night stay whilst attending a wedding at Airth Castle and that you found all of the staff to be efficient and helpful. I am pleased that you also found the food served within the Grill Room to be of good quality. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here the night before my sons wedding to be held In Solsgirth the next day. Many of our friends and family also stayed and were impressed with service of the staff. We did not eat within the hotel but friends did and said the food was of good standard. Our room was lovely and large our son and daughter also thought there's was adequate. The grooms room was fantastic and you helped our sons special day get off to a good start. I would recommend this hotel for a weekend break.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

What a lovely review – thank you for your kind comments regarding your wedding at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We are delighted that you chose to stay at Airth Castle the night before your son’s wedding at Solsgirth House. Staying at Airth Castle allows you to have a nice relaxing night with family and friends the night before the wedding and we were delighted that you found this to be the case. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Visited today for a potential wedding venue! Looked stunning and would be perfect. Staff very friendly and helpful. Only niggle I had was the wedding menu being a set menu with no choice however this can be amended at a cost.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. I was delighted to read that you had looked at Airth Castle as a possible wedding venue, Airth Castle is a beautiful location to hold a special day such as your wedding. We hope that wherever you choose that you have a perfect day.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a couple of days while attending a wedding in the area. We were on the one evening meal deal and it was very good. The room was roomy and comfortable although a tad warm and not so well insulated for other guest's noise. The staff throughout were efficient, helpful and an asset to the hotel

Room Tip: Even if you don't use your full evening meal allocation, you're still charged for coffee. B...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. The team was very pleased to read that you and your wife both enjoyed your stay whilst attending a wedding in the area. I am delighted that you found our team members to be efficient and helpful throughout your stay and that you found your meal within the Grill Room to be enjoyable. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you both back again soon.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed October 27, 2013

8 of us went here to celebrate my In-laws 25th wedding anniversary and I must say I did very much enjoy the meal. We sat at the bar having a drink till all the party arrived and then we were promptly seated at our table. Our waitress at the start of the evening was very attentive and everything ran smoothly. I had the mussels for starters and they were beautiful. Our plates were quickly cleared and we swiftly moved on to main course. I had the sea bass which was lovely apart from the chorizo overpowered the taste of the fish. A few had the beef cheeks and said it was cooked to perfection. All the meals were of a good portion size and were presented excellent. After dinner our waitress took our sweet order but when our sweets came out we had a change of waiters and things started going a little pear shaped with confusion to what was what and where it was going. But we got there in the end. We were a little disappointed when we asked for our bill and it took nearly twenty minuets for it to arrive and we we able to watch the waiters try and calculate our bill. Then after the meal when we asked for our coats we were took along the hall into a dingy coat room with graffiti inside it and told to pick out our coats, this is not the level of service I had expected. I would fully expect my coats to be brought to me. But overall we very much enjoyed the meal and it was of very good value and I would return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. I am pleased that you and your party enjoyed your meal within the Grill Room. Please be assured that we take all comments on board and that they have been passed on to the relevant team members. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you all back again soon.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO, Aurora Hotel Collection

Also consider these accommodations in or near Airth
The Royal Hotel
The Stirling Highland Hotel
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Airth Castle & Hotel? Share your experiences!