“Great wedding weekend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Airth
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Great wedding weekend”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two nights while attending a wedding. Over the years I have learned to ensure that the room booked meets my requirements and satisfaction and therefore called ahead to the hotel and discussed what I was looking for and I was allocated a room overlooking the courtyard. I popped in to the hotel a few days before my visit to have a look and the staff let me see the room which was most helpful.The room wasn't fancy but was spacious, had a newly fitted ensuite with walk in shower and the bed and bedding were very comfortable. There was no valance around the bed which I thought was unusual to see the bare divan base? It had tea and coffee making facilities and lovely double aspect to the courtyard and to the castle side.
The wedding went like clockwork with Hugh guiding and giving instructions along the way. The food was piping hot on hot plates and served most efficiently by efficient and courteous, polite staff. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff here, they are most helpful. We also had a group meal in a separate room the night after the wedding and again had excellent quality food served by excellent staff. The breakfast is of excellent quality.
In summary, the hotel is not luxurious but it is homely, has excellent food, great service and has hard working and helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Teragram10
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. The team will be pleased to read that you had an enjoyable two night stay whilst attending a wedding at Airth Castle and that you found all of the staff to be efficient and helpful. I am pleased that you also found the food served within the Grill Room to be of good quality. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO, Aurora Hotel Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Aberdeen
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before my sons wedding to be held In Solsgirth the next day. Many of our friends and family also stayed and were impressed with service of the staff. We did not eat within the hotel but friends did and said the food was of good standard. Our room was lovely and large our son and daughter also thought there's was adequate. The grooms room was fantastic and you helped our sons special day get off to a good start. I would recommend this hotel for a weekend break.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
What a lovely review – thank you for your kind comments regarding your wedding at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We are delighted that you chose to stay at Airth Castle the night before your son’s wedding at Solsgirth House. Staying at Airth Castle allows you to have a nice relaxing night with family and friends the night before the wedding and we were delighted that you found this to be the case. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Visited today for a potential wedding venue! Looked stunning and would be perfect. Staff very friendly and helpful. Only niggle I had was the wedding menu being a set menu with no choice however this can be amended at a cost.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. I was delighted to read that you had looked at Airth Castle as a possible wedding venue, Airth Castle is a beautiful location to hold a special day such as your wedding. We hope that wherever you choose that you have a perfect day.

Aberdeen
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a couple of days while attending a wedding in the area. We were on the one evening meal deal and it was very good. The room was roomy and comfortable although a tad warm and not so well insulated for other guest's noise. The staff throughout were efficient, helpful and an asset to the hotel

Room Tip: Even if you don't use your full evening meal allocation, you're still charged for coffee. B...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. The team was very pleased to read that you and your wife both enjoyed your stay whilst attending a wedding in the area. I am delighted that you found our team members to be efficient and helpful throughout your stay and that you found your meal within the Grill Room to be enjoyable. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you both back again soon.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

8 of us went here to celebrate my In-laws 25th wedding anniversary and I must say I did very much enjoy the meal. We sat at the bar having a drink till all the party arrived and then we were promptly seated at our table. Our waitress at the start of the evening was very attentive and everything ran smoothly. I had the mussels for starters and they were beautiful. Our plates were quickly cleared and we swiftly moved on to main course. I had the sea bass which was lovely apart from the chorizo overpowered the taste of the fish. A few had the beef cheeks and said it was cooked to perfection. All the meals were of a good portion size and were presented excellent. After dinner our waitress took our sweet order but when our sweets came out we had a change of waiters and things started going a little pear shaped with confusion to what was what and where it was going. But we got there in the end. We were a little disappointed when we asked for our bill and it took nearly twenty minuets for it to arrive and we we able to watch the waiters try and calculate our bill. Then after the meal when we asked for our coats we were took along the hall into a dingy coat room with graffiti inside it and told to pick out our coats, this is not the level of service I had expected. I would fully expect my coats to be brought to me. But overall we very much enjoyed the meal and it was of very good value and I would return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. I am pleased that you and your party enjoyed your meal within the Grill Room. Please be assured that we take all comments on board and that they have been passed on to the relevant team members. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you all back again soon.

Larbert, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Enjoyed a meal with a small party in Grill Room, and the menu, overall, wasn’t over expensive given the reputation and expectations for the Airth Castle.

However, there were some disappointments as far as I was concerned. Firstly, although starters and desserts were inventive, main courses were unimaginative. Also, a few in the party felt that the food wasn’t at the temperature expected, although edible. Further, beer was quite ordinary, bordering on flat, and served in plain rather than branded glasses.

Nonetheless, the evening was enjoyed by all, and the setting, enhanced by such as the player piano and the fine attention of the staff, was perfect for the occasion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. I was pleased to read that you and the rest of your party had an enjoyable meal in the Grill Room. The Grill Room has a relaxing atmosphere and the piano provides nice back ground music for the guests to enjoy. I will pass all of your comments regarding the food and service to the team and we hope to welcome you all back again soon.

Ireland
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a family wedding. Beautiful situation, good food, what a pity about the accommodation. we were put in a room in the castle (room 5) which was booked by our son months previously. The room was small, had a very uncomfortable standard double bed, a shower that reminded me of a 3 star Spanish hotel in the 1980`s. when I asked Scott at reception for a room with a king-size bed he informed me that all the beds were standard double size. Talking to other guests I found this to be untrue.
Check-in was very poor. Loads of guests checking in with Scott on the desk on his own answering internal calls, external calls and dealing with guests. The management need to take note.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a king-size bed
2 Thank MJM3195
Thank you for sharing your impressions following your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa.

Having read your comments, I am sorry to learn that your overall experience did not meet your expectations and left you feeling disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally discuss the various aspects of your feedback. I can be reached at laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com , at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for taking the trouble to write a review. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Travelers are raving about these Airth hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Airth
The Royal Hotel
#1 of 1 in Menstrie
Grange Manor
Grange Manor
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Airth Castle & Hotel? Share your experiences!