“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Airth
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on a bed breakfast and evening meal package and value for money it was very good the food was excellent . We were disappointed when we arrived as we were in the hotel not the castle but Stephanie on reception was lovely and though couldn't transfer us the 1st night did so for the other two. The hotel part is clean and comfortable and the castle was the same and we had a lovely view but overall we expected the castle to be more opulent with paintings etc but it was very bland. A final word must go to Mary she was a wealth of knowledge of where to go in the area and a lovely lady thank you.

Room Tip: If you want to stay in the castle make sure you ask when you book
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review regarding your three night stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We were very pleased to read that after staying in the hotel on the first night you managed to be moved over in to the Castle. The rooms in the Castle do have very nice views along with other quirks. I will pass on to Mary and the team your kind comments and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Livingston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just back from having afternoon tea at the hotel. We had a voucher which meant we only paid £7 each which was half price. I would not have paid the full price. The food was very nice but not exceptional. We were seated in the dining room where there was only 2 other tables being used. The waiter brought the afternoon tea and then was conspicuous by his absence. Not once did anyone come back to us to check everything was okay. No fill up of the small tea pot either. I have had afternoon tea is so many different hotels including in London, and this was the worst service I have had. Maybe it was because we had a discount voucher but who knows. I will not be returning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jambowiggy
As you can imagine I was very disappointed to read the review of your experience in the Grill Room at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com or 01324 831411. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection.
Bedford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed for one night on business. The hotel looks great from the outside, there are 2 parts the main hotel and the caste. I stayed in the hotel in a double room, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom big enough, the only thing I would say is that it needs upgrading the bedroom furniture is tired and looks grubby, the windows were also broken. The food was fantastic, I had mussels to start and the beer battered cod loin as a main, very very good food! The hotel has WiFi throughout that worked well. I would stay here again and I would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bellicusjones
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found the food to be very good. I am delighted that you found Airth Castle to be a good place to stay while you are away on business. I will pass on all of your kind comments to the team and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kilmacolm, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

My two daughters and I have just returned from a day at the spa, the spa treatment was excellent for all three of us. The beauty staff were friendly and helpful.
The pool was very cold, not pleasant for a leisurely swim at all, we overheard staff telling clients that they were having problems with the heating in the pool and it was 3degrees lower than it should be. Also the jacuzzi was empty with a notice stating out of order.

After spending a considerable amount of money on the day, it could only be considered poor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank judyormond
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your impressions following your Spa Day at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa.

Having read your comments, I am sorry to learn that your overall experience did not meet your expectations and left you feeling disappointed with some aspects of your Spa Day.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally discuss the various aspects of your feedback. I can be reached at laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com or 01324 831282, at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for taking the trouble to write a review. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were there for a wedding and I would say it is a good venue for this.
The hotel is lovely and our room was large and clean if a bit soul less.
However, we paid £136 for one night and this is extortionate for what you get! Have stayed in nicer places a lot cheaper

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MrsBrightside23
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable day attending a wedding at Airth Castle. I have passed all of your comments on to the team at Airth Castle and we hope to welcome you back again.

hamilton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Just home from Airth castle from a friends wedding and also stated the night. Firstly the wedding itself was very well organised. The service and the meal were excellent . In fact one of the best meals I have had at a wedding venue . The staff were excellent . Really efficient and helpful and really speedy . Now to the hotel . The basic rooms are 115 pound a night although we got ours for 98 as part of the wedding ( and it was booked about 3 years ago). Basically they are not great value for money. The rooms were clean and served their purpose but not worth £115 . Our room was a bit dated although I did notice other rooms were more modern . The shower was one of the strangest I had ever seen . The water came from the ceiling in the middle of the bath and the water pressure which could not be turned down was like hailstones. The price included breakfast which was usual buffet style and also you could use the swimming pool. There was no fridge in room so no complimentary water so too pricey for my liking . Anyone having a wedding here will not be disappointed as it is a fab setting but the room/ value for money let it down on a hotel basis in my opinion . I have stayed in rooms in cities all over uk for 80quid that had far better bedrooms

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a lovely review – thank you for your kind comments regarding an overnight stay for a wedding that you were attending at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. I was delighted that the wedding went smoothly and that you enjoyed the meal that was served at the wedding, our team at Airth Castle work very hard so the day runs smoothly. We have taken all of your comments regarding the bedroom on board and these have been passed to the relevant team members. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Alexandria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here on our wedding night. We booked a "deluxe" double room, which, according to the confirmation email boasted a 4 poster bed, which it did, and was very comfortable. It also stated that the bathroom contained "luxury" toiletries. These turned out to be 1 bottle of shampoo, 1 bottle of conditioner and a small bar of soap. Not exactly luxury. The chest of drawers in the room had a handle missing. The room, although spacious, was dreary looking with little effort having been made to cheer it up.The coffee table looked as if someone had placed something hot on it as it was all blistered and worn. The "guest facilities" consisted of one sheet of headed paper which looked as though someone had spilled water on it and no pen. On the plus side, we had a lovely meal in the grill room and the breakfast was ok. The waiting staff were all very professional and helpful. However, I felt that for what we paid, it wasnt good value. I expected much more from this hotel. Wont be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Teri S
Thank you for sharing your impressions following your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa.

Having read your comments, I am sorry to learn that your overall experience did not meet your expectations and left you feeling disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Airth
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bridge of Allan

Been to Airth Castle & Hotel? Share your experiences!