“What customer service”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Airth
montrose
“What customer service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Booked at this hotel because it was recommended by another Aurora stately home where we were attending a wedding. Because the wedding started at 2pm and check in was not till 3pm I phoned the hotel to request a place to change accepting that our room might not be ready. Arrived and told by reception to wait while something was found. 30mins later no response by reception so asked again and told our room would not be ready till 3 pm: no offer of somewhere to change. Luckily friends had a room. The friends had also requested , the night before, a taxi. No taxi reception had not ordered it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank eddieMontrose
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your impressions following your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa.

Having read your comments, I am sorry to learn that your overall experience did not meet with your expectations and you left feeling disappointed with some aspects of your stay, particularly the level of service you received.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to personally discuss the various aspects of your feedback. I can be reached at isla.kerr@aurorahotelcollection.com or on 0844 800 4000, at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for taking the trouble to write a review. Kind Regards Isla Kerr PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

A winter warmer, spent 2 nights at this great hotel, have visited a few times, never disappoints... Great spa facilities, lovely evening meal and the best Scottish buffet breakfast ever!
Will return again and again ...

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We were extremely pleased to hear that you are a regular visitor to our Hotel and that each time you visit you are greeted with the same level of warm hospitality. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Scotland
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in the old castle itself which was very atmospheric- but it did mean a brisk, early morning walk, in the snow, for breakfast in the newer facility, down the road. Our room (21) was quirky but well appointed with a comfortable bed and clean linen. Our dinner (as part of a large dinner party) was served in the Old Castle and, for a group effort, was pretty good. Breakfast in the newer restaurant was good - with a varied selection - although self service was the order of the morning. Only coffee/tea is served at the table. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
What a lovely review - thank you for your comments. Staying and dining in the Castle is a wonderful experience which I was pleased was a success. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team there. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at Airth Castle on several occasions. It provides total relaxation and food that's worth going for alone. The spa is modern and reasonably priced for treatments and is a lovely way to spend an afternoon.
There isn't much immediately around Airth Castle so it wouldn't suit as a base for a larger break, but it's ideal for a weekend away or a wee treat. We have had some lovely walks around the area and it's in a very peaceful setting. But you dont really need to leave the hotel to enjoy your time here.
As I said the food is worth noting. Each meal is a delight and my favourite part of visiting the hotel. It's lovely to look forward to your evening meal while relaxing the day away. I have stayed in other spa hotels and have found the food lacking, Airth delivers on both.
Although I'm a huge fan of Airth Castle I do feel the rooms have became a little tired. They are very spacious and provide everything required but perhaps they need a some attention. Our last room had damaged items and stains and overall felt it needed a bit of TLC. I think perhaps thay are becoming a little dated. The staff however are very attentive and were quick at providing us with a fan heater when our heating failed on a cold January night.

Overall the food and spa win me over, and we probably will visit again. However if the rooms continue to decline I would look at other options for a similar weekend break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We were absolutely delighted to read your comments about the Hotel, Spa, Food and of course the staff. I look forward to sharing this great feedback with all of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Lochawe
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife took me for a wekend stay at this hotel. What can I say!!! Hotel and grouns were amazing, staff could not be more friendly and efficient. Now what about the food???. We had an amazing two evening meals., menu was just right, quality and quantity of food ordered was perfect. Waiting staff very friendly and proffesional. We will be back!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing one of the Aurora Hotel Collection for your Birthday treat and taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We were absolutely delighted to read your comments about the Hotel I look forward to sharing this great feedback with all of the team. Kind Regards Isla Kerr PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My and my boyfriend visited at the start of April for a spa day and overnight stay as a birthday present. However having read some of the negative reviews I was a bit apprehensive about going but I was definitley pleasantly surprised.

Spa: The spa facilities were excellent and the treamtents were so relaxing. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were a good size unfortuantely the Sauna was out of order. The staff were all lovely and the lunch you received witht he Spa package was great with plenty of choice. The only downside was the changing rooms as the cubicles were far too small.

Room: The room was a great size the bed was big and comfy. It could have done with some modernisation but it was comfy and clean.

Restraunt: The choice of food in the restraunt was excellent and the food itself was great definite 5 star quality and for what you received it was very well priced. The only problem was when the restraunt got busy the staff got a bit panicked and took a while to take orders get drinks etc. The breakfast in the morning was super though one of the best cooked breakfats Ive had at a hotel.

To sum up I had a great stay and would definitly return however the hotel receptionist defiitley put a dampner on my stay, she was rude both at check in and check out, she tried to over charge us and was most unhelpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LC710
Thank you for you kind comments. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time especially as it was a Birthday present. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team there.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We booked through late rooms and saw some of the other negative comments, but went with an open mind. Wow, were, we me and my son pleased we did. Staff were so friendly and both Castle and Spa were and are (as we are still here with another day to go.) beautiful and very enjoyable. The castle has lots of corridors and knucks and crannies which any young children will love to explore. Food is wonderful and the choice is great. I will be coming back again as a family and am looking forward to another day here.
Paul & Ethan Varley

• Stayed April 2013
What a lovely review - thank you for you kind comments. We are extremely proud of our property and the title of your review ' Forget the rest, Stay at the Best' has certainly made our day! I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team there.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Airth
The Royal Hotel
#1 of 1 in Menstrie
Grange Manor
Grange Manor
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Airth Castle & Hotel? Share your experiences!