“Dinner 4 star, breakfast 1 star”

Airth Castle & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Airth
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We recived a gift voucher for the hotel which we chose to use on the 23rd Feb. Dinner was booked for 19.15 but we were unable to secure a seat in the lounge as many had been removed to accommodate a reception for a sportsmans dinner in an adjacent room. Dinner was very good and the staff were extremely pleasant, however we again struggled to find seats after our meal as they furniture was still being brought back into the lounge. It is such a shame that no one seems to take consideration as to how events in a hotel can impact on residents.

However it was the breakfast experience that spoiled the stay. I asked for poached eggs, they were delivered uncooked, the sausages were tasteless and the black pudding cold. For me these are the elements which determine how enjoyable a hotel is. As breakfast tends to be the last thing you experience this is the memory you hold on to and if the experience is poor so is the memory.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

As you can imagine, I was very disappointed to read the review of your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on Isla.Kerr@aurorahotelcollection.com or 0844 800 4000. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

There are newer reviews for Airth Castle & Hotel

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The castle, the atmospere is great. A Scottish dinner, with poems to the haggis, and bards playing for the people to dance traditional songs is great. A great place to stay and organize a conference. I would definitely recommend the place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We were extremely pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with us, and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I possibly should have booked the hotel direct as we had never stayed here before and it wasn't clear we wouldn't be staying in the castle. The room was very nice, as was the leisure facilities, the breakfast and the staff were great but it wasn't the castle! It was my husband's birthday and was the first time we had got away just the two of us, everything was NICE but I was expecting wow! I suppose we will just have to go back some other time.

1  Thank Julie-anne A
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We were extremely pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with us. I have passed your comments regarding your room allocation onto the Team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We started coming to Airth Castle about 13 years ago as a treat when the children were young and loved every minute of it, so much so that we got married there 12 years ago. Due to other commitments we haven't been up for about 8 years but we finally we booked a trip 22rd and 23rd February. I was very apprehensive about coming after reading all these poor reviews but I can assure you they are rubbish! We stayed in room 11 in the Castle, it was out of this world if you really want a special treat I suggest you book this room, it was pure luxury. There was a lovely bottle of champagne and chocolates to meet us on arrival. This place is so special to us and it has been the best treat ever! We get up early for breakfast when it is not busy and use the spa before 9am and it is empty. This is such a fantastic place I don't know how anyone can fault it, thank you very much Airth Castle!!!!

Room Tip: Choose room 11 in the castle if you want something really special and I mean special, wow it is amaz...
1  Thank EMMA C
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We were extremely pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with us and that we made your stay so memorable! Reading reviews like yours makes for a very happy team! We are just thrilled. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I recently booked a weekend stay at Airth Castle Hotel for our wedding Anniversary. On arrival we were greeted by James in a very courteous, very professional manner, he explained the services available etc and then gave us our key and directions to our room, which was in the castle. When we arrived in the room, which was lovely and spacious, very bright with a modern and spotless bathroom, we unpacked to settle in, it was then that I became aware of high pitched vibrational sound coming from the plumbing. I adjusted thermostats etc but to no avail, so popped over to the reception to see it someone from maintenance would have a look at it. It wasn't very loud but I was certain that as night fell the sound would be very intrusive and would not encourage sound sleep.
James was on reception still and when I explained he said give me a minute or so and I'll see what we can do. I said in passing that if possible, I would be happy to pay for an upgraded room as it was our anniversary, James just smiled and nodded and repeated "give me a second sir".
He then handed me the key to the honeymoon suite and said "he would have a porter move our belongings and there would be no charge for the upgrade, happy anniversary to you and your wife sir". The suite was stunningly appointed with floor to ceiling windows, chandeliers, a huge bed, sofas, wall mounted 50 odd inch tv, Italian coffee machine, iPod etc and the bathroom was just spectacular with his and her everything, including hand basins plus a bath big enough for a football team AND a recessed wall mounted TV beside the bath.
The food and the service in the restaurant were superb and breakfast although very busy was still a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
We had 3 fabulous days in a hotel we'll be getting back to very soon, but what gets my vote above all is the level of service offered at this gem of a hotel.
Thank you Airth Castle and James in particular for a memorable anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tubista
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely pleased that you felt we looked after you and that your Anniversary weekend was one to remember . I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We're just back from an enjoyable night at Airth Castle. On arrival reception staff very pleasant. We were allocated room 101 which looked like it had just been refurbished. We had a bottle of wine chilling in our room on arrival - a nice touch. Had our meal in the Grill Room on Saturday night - it was excellent. Plenty to choose from at breakfast. Good selection of cold items and a full cooked breakfast on offer. Great relaxing weekend. We will return.

1  Thank Rab458
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was our second stay at the hotel with two children. On arrival we were asked for our card by a quite rude receptionist. We thought this was to pay for our stay. Much later in the day we noticed that we had been charged an extra £50. When we asked about this we were told that the money had not been taken from our account but earmarked in case we ran up a bill. Our room was lovely but the bathroom needed replaced. The wood around the bath and the door itself were rotting. There were cracked tiles on the floor.
The children had a great time in the pool which was not too busy. The changing area is cramped but there was plenty of shower gel, hot water and towels available.
Breakfast was lovely and the staff could not do enough to help. They were very attentive and very kind to the children.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. It is always a really nice to hear that it is a return visit. We were extremely pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. I have taken note of all the points you raise and have passed them over to the team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Also consider these accommodations in or near Airth
The Royal Hotel
Grange Manor
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth
Best Western Park Hotel
The Stirling Highland Hotel

Been to Airth Castle & Hotel? Share your experiences!