“As a new mum I wouldn't recommend.”

Airth Castle & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Airth
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“As a new mum I wouldn't recommend.”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for two night in November with a newborn baby and it was very poor to say the least.

Quick points;

:we were put in the top floor of the castle with a new baby without a lift

: doors have huge space at bottom so not sound proof at all

: expensive

: room walls dirty

: room carpet dirty

: window ledges dirty

: floors extremely Creaky...very loud creaks too!!!

: phone in room not working

: hot water takes 6 minutes to heat up ( we timed it)!

: no salt on outside drive so very bd in ice

That's just a few points I could go on and on. We did inform the mngr of the hotel and we did get significant discount which is why I've not been too harsh with the rating stars.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank nic1h1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed here as part of a corporate event. Reception was good, quick and welcoming. I had a room in the castle which is a 5 minute walk from reception and the main facilities. I thought the room was a bit shabby. The furniture has seen years of being knocked around and I was expecting a bit more luxury.

Tea and coffee making facilities are provided but no wifi or safe. Buffet breakfast was excellent and I did get a good sleep in a comfortable bed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I am Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive of The Aurora Hotel Collection. We would be very interested to hear more about your experience and would appreciate it if you could email me on isla.kerr@aurorahotelcollection.com so we can talk futher. Should you not wish to contact me at this time, please contact me should you wish to book again with The Aurora Hotel Collection. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards Isla
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Party of 14. First of all we arrived and rooms were not ready we booked lunch and our table wasn't set up . Then it took nearly an hour to make up sanwiches and chips. Two o'clock only Two rooms were made so 14 of us cramped into one room. Eventually about half five another two rooms were available .Three of our party still had no room and the hotel said all fourteen of us booked in but the other three had no room why this happened we dont know. At 6 the hotel managed to find another room for the remaining party. We arrived at half 12 and it took them to 6 o'clock to get us all a room RIDICILOUS!!!! Our single bed broke several times to. Dinner took ages to get organised and attitude from staff was shocking. Dinner wasnt that great pretty tastless but breakfast was nice. Please dont go here huge disappiontment.

5 Thank Paula D
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012

Travelers are raving about these Airth hotels

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2012

when we checked in we could not have a shower as there was no hot water. then We arrived to a hall that usually serves breakfast and meals, converted into an evening dinner dance. The tables were cramped in at every angle it was verty dark and very lous music and we were just about sitting on each other. We were served our starters and sweets and then given a slot when to go up and get our main course, which was luke warm, when we complained about the temperature of the yorkshire puddings which we had to wait for etc we were told that they were meant to be. The hall was cramped. We were expecting a better venue , thats why we booked the castle in the first place. We were very very disapointed in this venue. next morning we tried to have a shower again, but there was still no hot water, when we went for breakfast we we were told it was due to the number of people in the hotel and a 5 second fire alarm in the morning puting the boilers off - pull the other one. we tried the shower before the alarm. we Tried to have shower after breakfast - still no hot water at all. very dissapointing. complained to reception with no joy. have written to Manager - awaiting reply.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Benjy1063
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This will be the 4th consecutive year that I have visited Airth Castle for their festive party. Every year it never lets me down. The carvery meal is delicious and the entertainment afterwards is always great fun! The buffet style breakfast the next morning is very good. I have yet to stay in one of the newly decorated rooms, so fingers crossed I get to stay in one of those this year!

1 Thank kmcroberts622
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

a great place to go see and visit also to have a meal staff are freindly and nothing is a problem
also have saunsa swimming pools everything you could want and a beautifull place to walk round
the resturant has a grand piona for music and the staff are great nothings a problem

Room Tip: the main castle pretty awesome to stay in with grand views grounds