“very standard”
Review of Kaim Park Hotel

Kaim Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bathgate
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed in the Kaim Park Hotel so I could attend a wedding at The Vu, Bathgate so I wasn't looking for luxury as it was just solely to sober up for the drive home! My welcome to the hotel was wonderful and the reception staff were extremely helpful and polite. The room itself was spacious and very clean but could do with some modern extras and a freshen up. My main disappointment was the toilet as the flush button was broken but also the system seemed to make a loud noise randomly throughout the night, if I wasn't in such a deep sleep it would have distrubed me a lot more than it did. The breakfast was again not up to standard but I put this down to it being a Monday and it sitting under a grill too long.

I didn't think any of this justified a complaint as realistically where can you get a hotel anywhere for £70 a night these days?!! But if you're going for anything other than somewhere to rest over night then I would recommend paying the extra elsewhere for a more comfortable stay.

1  Thank Lisa M
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Lisa,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologise for the issue with the missing flush button, which has now been fixed, and we could find no issue with the cistern running and being noisy. However, we have had this all checked out. We are in the process of upgrading a lot of the room, which should be completed by the end of April/May.
I was disappointed that you did not enjoy your breakfast and have passed your comments to our chef. We take all our reviews on board and try to make things better to ensure everyone has a pleasant stay.

Regards

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night with a meal in the restaurant. The meal was wonderful. I slept really well. Shame that the shower space wasn't any bigger - I'm not the thinnest of people but I'm no where near the biggest. I struggled to raise my arms. If it wasn't for this I would have scored very good.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear David,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your view on the shower cubicle space was small, some of our rooms have larger cubicles and some have over bath showers. Had you come to reception and asked if we could move you to one of the other rooms, we would have accommodated your request. I am glad you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant, and hope you will stay with us again.
If you do book with us again, please ensure you request a room with Bath to ensure you have a more comfortable stay with us.

Many Thanks for your comments

Reviewed March 23, 2014

On reception on our arrival was Sharon who talked us through the hotel areas, the staff were very friendly and helped in any way they could. Lovely large room with very comfy bed beautiful good quality linen. The tea and biscuit waiting in the room were very welcome, large (new) bath with shower over and a couple of soaps and shower gels provided. The event I was attending was a distance away from the hotel so Sharon arranged a taxi for us. I could see that they are re-modernising the hotel, nice modern restaurant and bar with comfy couches to sit and relax with a drink. I wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again.

Room Tip: I was in room 3 it overlooks the outside sitting area off the back to the back of the hotel. (sorry...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review about the hotel and your stay. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and it is always nice to have feedback from customers which are passed onto the staff.
I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had we not been booked in by a friend who lived nearby we would not have stopped, the hotel really let restaurant down we had a fantastic meal brilliant service and really friendly alas breakfast was not so good

Room Tip: One of our group was upstairs room which was a lot bigger ours was like a cabin on a boat
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We advise on our website that our rooms are varied in size due to the age of the hotel. We do our best to ensure everyone enjoys there stay and if we can do anything to make it better, just ask any of our staff.
I am glad you enjoyed the food and service in our restaurant when you dinned with us, and we do hope you would consider staying with us again on your next visit.
Regards

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Recently stayed @ hotel for 2 weeks And found it met all my needs. The staff are all very friendly and very approachable at all times. And would like to thank Elaine head of reception for all your help during my stay and also to the breakfast waitress Thank you all for making me feel welcome.And would highly recommend your hotel to friends and family. Mr Brady Room 23

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your review to all staff, which is always nice to share the good experiences that guests have in our hotel. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Rooms are disgusting tiny and dirty. Hairs all over quilts and bathrooms toilet discusting full of lime scale. Couldn't sleep for all the noise breakfast dry and greasy Defo not worth the 60 pound a night. Never again.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Rachelle888
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

It is disappointing that you have written such an awful review on your stay. The hairs on the quilt were fibres from the rolling machine where our laundry goes to get cleaned, which has been dealt with. I would strongly disagree with the rest of your comments regarding the room being filthy, breakfast greasy etc... You were not happy when you arrived at our hotel, and we tried our utmost to help you enjoy your stay, unfortunately you did not.
I can only apologise for the issue with the fibres on your quilt.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was dreading my stay at this hotel even though we were only booked in for one night. But have to say some of the reviews don't do it any justice.
So we paid £60 I certainly wasn't expecting a 5 star but we definitely got a pleasant stay for the price.
Room - Clean tidy and decent sized bedroom and bathroom. Maybe slightly dated but nothing offensive but priced right.
Location - 10 minute walk from railway station so great for a stop over if visiting Edinburgh.
Staff - friendly and polite and we were able to access our room at 12 noon which was great so we could set off and enjoy the day.
Both my partner and I had a peaceful nights sleep with no noisy neighbours or any interference from the bar or the wedding party and woke fresh for breakfast.
Breakfast was in the main restaurant area so is obviously a nice location - breakfast itself was ok - I have had better - but nevertheless I ate all of the full Scottish breakfast!
Overall - would I stay again - yes, at that price its half what you would pay in the centre of Edinburgh so well worth it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very glad you both enjoyed your stay with us and your review will be passed to all staff which is nice to pass on. I hope you will visit us again in the future.
Sharon Mackay-Miller

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bathgate
Cairn Hotel
#4 of 4 in Livingston
Balbairdie Hotel
Balbairdie Hotel
#7 of 7 in Bathgate

Been to Kaim Park Hotel? Share your experiences!