Kaim Park Hotel
$90
Champany Inn(Linlithgow)
$122
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The restaurant which is depicted fairly on their website, is what I believe draws peoples attention, but I almost felt as if I had been duped. The staff are very lovely and they will do as much as they can to help you.

The rooms however are something else. Dated and very well used, they really could do with a MAJOR refurbishment. Mattresses on the beds need replacing due to the 'nail-board' experience that I endured. Mouldy stories are very true and the room in which I stayed also experienced excessive mould on the ceiling of the bathroom.

In its current state, I would not recommend this hotel.

The food was fantastic, very tasty and seemed freshly prepared.

Room Tip: Consider the Premier Inn down the round.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ashma-scott
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I booked into above hotel for one night on 12 th April 2013. We were guests at a wedding in the VU 2 miles away so never realised what we were going into until early morning. Room 16 for benefit of manager, it was filthy, complete with missing light shades, loose bracket on tv so screen pointed down to floor and would not stay up for viewing, carpet badly stained, door to en-suite could not close, sticking and needed joiner, shower screen all marked inside, should carry a health warning on outside of door. Mattresses on beds were lumpy and uncomfortable, linen was clean! Had we booked more than one night, we old have demanded to be offered another room. In the morning , in dining room for breakfast, no warm plates for cooked breakfast. Coffee was foul and undrinkable. In all, it was a terrible experience. When we went to reception to pay, the lady on duty was told of our awful night and morning, she immediately took £20.00 off the bill for our stay.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in the area, avoid this one. If all other hotels are full, sleep in the car!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Robert l
Reviewed February 17, 2013

When we arrived our first impression was "oh, this looks nice" we'll looks can be deceiving.... We were directed to our rooms which on first impression looked ok. Once we started looking around we could see the room was filthy with mould and damp!!! The en suite was also filthy, shower looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in weeks and the shower base was cracked and had been for a long time. We were moved to a better room in the main hotel, this room was better and cleaner than the first one and the en suite was very nice..... Until it was time to go for a shower, NO HOT WATER. And when we told management about this they said they'd get a plumber out,,, ok I though I'll have a warm shower in the morning?? No, still no hot water, Luke warm at best, again when mentioned at reception we were informed a plumber had been out and said 1 of the boilers wasn't working. Well it still want working this morning. Breakfast was ok. the tea and coffee were cold as they arebleft sitting out for on a table with no means of keeping them warm. 1 toaster for the whole dining room, not acceptable. Would I recommend this hotel??? NO. My recommendation would be AVOID this (2 star at best) hotel,

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank tommyb111
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We visited this Hotel for their special three course evening meal for £9.95 last Thursday and were surprised with the excellent meal we received. Each course was small but sufficient and their was a good choice for each course. Could recommend this hotel for such a meal. We went home very satisfied with what we had received and will go again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Have stayed here 3 x times for 1 x night, and expect I will return. The rooms on my previous visits were in main building (Room 1 & Room 3 ?) and were large and comfy, with large bathrooms. On last visit I got a much smaller room in the annex (Room 20) Room was basic and clean, apart from carpet which due to colour looked grubby. No WiFi coverage. No (obvious) heating in bathroom and the missing/grubby sealant around bath gave an otherwise nice bathroom a neglected look. Access to the room was through one of the eating areas - not ideal having folk trailing though, often hauling luggage, past people enjoying a meal. There are two bright conservatories for dinning/breakfasting, and a busy (mostly men) public bar with pool table. Staff were polite and attentive. On the basis of my most recent visit I would have given 2/5, but balancing with previous visits I'll 'average' a 3/5. With a little care/maintenance the rooms would be much better. Would I stay again ? - yes.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple