“Pleasant stay”
Review of Kaim Park Hotel

Kaim Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bathgate
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights had a nice spacious family room. Unfortunately it was on top of a function room and very noisy. we complained and were offered 2 adjoining rooms in the annexe. These were very basic but as a compromise we slept there for 1 night and returned to our room first thing. I feel our complaint was dealt with well. The room was comftable and warm with a big bathroom and lovely big bath all though the spa jets didn't work (to the annoyance of 8yr old). Staff friendly and apologetic. Wi fi was not available in either room but could access in public rooms. Still think for what we paid a generally good experince and Would rate GOOD rather than average if it were an option.

Room Tip: Check function room bookings before booking family rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have just returned from spending two nights at this hotel.
As I was on business and the accommodation was pre booked we had to stay.
The staff were very friendly and the food was good, but the bedrooms seemed to be from a different hotel really scruffy and unkempt. The only saving grace was the en suite.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank ArthurCarlisle
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We attended a function during the day here and were disappointed to say the least! The suite was Baltic (freezing) and when we said the the duty manager about it he said "the boiler must be broke but I can't do anything if people don't tell me"?!? (Had we not just said) Refreshmensts were not replenished as stated and lunch was not what my company had paid for. It was readonably clean but not very comfortable. Overall it was a shame as I have stayed here over a year ago and liked the place- are standards slipping????

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Keith G
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Kaim Park Hotel is unkempt with poor facilities, high prices and poor management.

However, the staff try their best remaining cheerful and friendly.

The food is edible but highly priced. We caught the bus and went to Wetherspoons for better value and fare!

I'm sorry but I was embarrassed to have recommenced my family stay there.

Please avoid.

Room Tip: Easy. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank fizzi201186
Reviewed October 24, 2012

When we got to reception meet a nice lady booked the room, when we came back with our bags she haded us our sapare towels and directed us where to go we had to go down all these stairs like gong into a basement when we got near our room the smell was awfull my boyfriend said it smelled like the place had been flooded the smell was intoxicating. The room was clean, when I opened door to bathroom it was very cold in there. We went back up to dining area and got a very poor meal. We did have a good nights sleep. Breakfast was very bad too, sausage was not cooked properly. I went for a shower before we left it smelled like pee in there the tiles and curtain were dirty I felt like I came out dirtier than I went in also no mat on floor of bath were shower was also. The hair dryer button had to pushed to keep it going. Overall this hotel was unsatisfactory I have stayed in better hostels than this place not worth the money for the night.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Ddeenniissee
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were attending a wedding in Bathgate and had booked into this hotel for the weekend. I had read some of the other reviews and was a bit worried but there was no need as we had a fantastic time. Our room wasn't modern but it was spotless and a good size. We had our evening meal in the restaurant and I must say that the service and food was excellent. Very good value for money. At breakfast there was plenty to choose from and the cooked breakfast was freshly made. All the staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karin C
Reviewed October 2, 2012

i traveled 548 miles from Lancing in West Sussex to be at my daughters wedding so we all book rooms my room was ok but bit old fashion my sisters room was on the ground floor it smelled off damp very musky and horrible she sent for the manager to come and have a look and he replied i see what you mean and moved her staight away the room was a little bit better until she went into the shower and had a fall as no mat in shower but to make matters worse once the wedding had finished my son took his twin sons back to their rooms only to send for the manager at gone midnight as there where flies everywhere in the room which meant at that time of night with 2 tired little boys they had to be allocated another room it would have been better of going to barlinnie prison for the night as it would have been a lot cleaner so will not be using this hotelagain and i would not recommend it to family or friends

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Liz M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bathgate
Premier Inn Livingston (Bathgate) Hotel
#3 of 4 in Livingston
Balbairdie Hotel
Balbairdie Hotel
#7 of 7 in Bathgate

Been to Kaim Park Hotel? Share your experiences!