“Afternoon Treat”

Description: Cafe/restaurant
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Treat”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stumbled on this place and the cute name probably attracted us from the road signs. The variety of cakes are fantastic, we must try a meal sometime. Location is lovely.

Visited July 2012

Perth, United Kingdom
“what a great find this was!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were strangers to the area, there because we had been to the Owl Centre in Whitburn. The sign tempted us in and we were not disappointed. Amazing cupcakes - even just to look at them my kids nearly keeled over with excitement! about 20 different flavours, colours, decorations and huge wedges of yummy looking traybake. We had coffee (disappointed that there were no syrups for the coffee), lovely homemade soup, toasties and cupcakes. Must confess that my kids only had gigantic smarties cupcakes with icing taller than the cake itself and smarties tumbling off in all directions, What a treat! Nice garden, the boys could go outside and play and staff very friendly. Clean, quite trendy decor and quiet location. Worth detouring for!

• Visited October 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I keep driving past the sign for this place and have finally decided to drop in and see what it's all about, after all, I do make my own wickedly brilliant cupcakes!
Stopped in for a light lunch. The lunch menu is simple - sandwiches, baquettes, toasties, baked potatoes and soup etc A good choice of tea / coffee / drinks. And it also goes without saying, there are some yummy looking cupcakes and homebaking available.
The service was nice, friendly and efficient.
The toastie that I ordered was freshly made with salad (and brought out by the chef) and was very nice and filling - no scrimping on the fresh filling either.
The cupcakes were nice, but as an avid homebaker, I was a little puzzled with the topping on mine (the texture was different to the usual buttercream icing you would usually expect) and asked the waitress what it was. I've got to say I was sorely disappointed when she told me it was a product that was bought it and only flavoured & coloured on site. I kind of felt a little bit let down by that, but that certainly will not stop me visiting again - soon :-)

• Visited July 2012