Cairn Hotel
Great 4.5/5
$100
$89
Very Good 4/5
Livingston Lodge Hotel(Livingston)(Great Value!)
$99
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Livingston (M8, Jct3) Hotel(Livingston)(Great Value!)
$72
Champany Inn(Linlithgow)
$111
Great 4.5/5
Kaim Park Hotel(Bathgate)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsthree course mealthree starfamily dinnerchristmas puddingbreakfast was buffet stylelovely mealpakorapiping hotattending a weddingnight porterfish and chipsenjoyed my staydown stairslounge areacould not have been more helpfulgreat nightgood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Located on an industrial estate and finding it was a bit tricky because if like me, you miss the hotel entrance, you can easily find yourself back on the dual carriageway having to do a lap around the roundabouts to get back again.
Stayed on a Sunday night so the room rate was probably better than any other night, I found it very reasonable.
I arrived quite late but the staff were accomodating when I asked for a meal. That meal was quite tasty and not expensive, washed down with a couple of pints.
Room was a decent size and had everything I needed. It all worked fine and was clean and comfy.
Breakfast was a good selection and plenty of it too, no complaints here.
Yes I would recommend the Cairn and yes I probably will stay again if I need to be in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights bed and breakfast, booked through Booking.com checked in fine reception was friendly. The room was clean and big enough for 2. We had an evening meal which was lovely 3 course for £12 great value and tasty on both nights and there was a good choice. Breakfast was a little dissapointing but really set you up for the day with choice of cerial fruit juce then sausage bacon egg how ever you wanted them cooked black pudding haggis mushrooms beans and tomato pot of tea and toast, my only complaint was no square sausage. All the hotel staff were friendly and helpfull. Would not hesitate to stay there again, thanks to all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Where to even start!
My family booked a private room in the hotel for my grandmother's 80th birthday dinner. A few of us had enjoyed lunches here previously and thought it would be a good budget place near to where we all live to celebrate a milestone birthday. We had guests fly over from Australia for the occasion and we were all looking forward to it.
The dinner was originally booked for a smaller number of guests (21) but on the morning of the dinner another few family members were able to change plans to make it too so my aunt phoned the hotel to let them know our numbers were increasing (to 25). She was told this would be fine.
When all the guests started to arrive we soon realised that the room they had for us was not set up to accommodate the expected number of adult diners.
At this point the mood of the senior staff on duty that night completely changed and we were made to feel like it would be better if we left and went elsewhere. At my sister's suggestion we enquired about getting a smaller table set up in the main dining area of the hotel for some of the guests and to join each other again after the meal was finished - not really the ideal situation when we had been told earlier in the day that the increased numbers could be accommodated!
At this point we were all getting hungry and finally they agreed they could set up another larger room and it would take around 30 minutes to do so.
During this 30 minutes I have never witnessed a more aggressive or rude set of senior staff in a hotel or dining area in my life!
The receptionist from the hotel accosted my aunt in front of all the guests, including my 80 year old gran, and basically accused her of lying as they had no record of her call to the hotel earlier on in the day. Obviously she was distraught and embarrassed by this accusation and then to add to the situation the most ignorant excuse of a bar/restaurant manager huffed and grumbled throughout any conversation he had with my father who was paying for the meal!
Worse than this though was a number of people within our party actually heard both the receptionist and the so called manager gossiping and talking about us in two separate areas of the hotel. The most unprofessional thing you really could do in this situation!
Finally over an hour after arriving at the hotel we were told our room was nearly ready and low and be hold the receptionist had managed to get a hold of the daytime receptionist who had taken the call from my aunt and was now coming to apologise to her and tell her that said receptionist was hard of hearing. Surely she should have called the daytime receptionist before completely mortifying my aunt in front of her family!
When we were served our meal, it was late so we were not all the in most celebratory moods and my poor gran was so tired and I think embarrassed herself that family had flown over for the dinner and this is what it had resulted in.
That said when the dinner was served it was very good, only a few minor mistakes but they were quickly rectified and to be honest the junior members of staff were stars. All attentive and tried to do their best in a difficult situation.
The hotels apology for the night being ruined was to take off the small number of coffees that were ordered by the party after the meal. An email was sent to the manager of the hotel the following day and the response to be fair was very prompt but implied that the manager that night was upset that a complaint had been made - no word regarding him having a gossip about us whilst we overheard every awful word or my aunt being made out to be a liar!
In short - the meal was of a good standard, the junior members of staff, including Jack and Abbie were great but I would never recommend this to anyone for a special celebration as this one was a joke and my gran will only ever have one 80th birthday!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank L_peeps84
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Have had lunch here on several occasions. Excellent , large and varied menu. Food served with a smile, always. Staff very pleasant and helpful, especially Hazel.
Have also booked "tribute night" for December, with dinner and overnight stay.
Looking forward. On confirming booking, the receptionist (Sunday 4th aug 20130. could not have
been more helpful. Many thanks

Gordon and Mary

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend were staying only for the night and we are both in our twenties.

Hotel Overall - Very clean, tasteful decor and convenient.

Individual Room - Rather small for a double room but did its purpose.

Area - Smack bang on the M8 so was a bit to difficult to sleep for a while. Realistically would require a taxi anywhere so area not great for needing to get into town/city centres.

Service - Mixed bag. 90% staff very helpful and pleasant. We did encounter a grumpy barman and we were slightly over-pestered at dinner. Otherwise, very pleasant people.

Price - Was cheaper than the local Premier Inn so can't complain.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple