“Overnight stay after our son's wedding”

Premier Inn Livingston (Bathgate) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bathgate
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay after our son's wedding”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Well, when my husband went to check in he was told that he needed id to confirm who he was. We usually pay for any hotels we stay in by card but as he had come away from my son's wedding to check in, he had no id with him and wasn't allowed to check in. He was told he might not get into the room if he had no(photographic) id with him later on. This gave us a worrying day and evening.
We arrived very late as we had to wait for taxis. Then we found that the card machine wasn't working and that the girl had no idea how to work the machine manually. We had to wait almost an hour to get checked in which we did ok. It was 2.40am by the time we got to bed.
Breakfast was fabulous! Best ever outside a b+b. There were about 35-40 of us staying through the wedding and we were all really well fed and watered and not rushed out as we all chatted about the wedding and said our goodbyes.
Bed was comfy, room nice and shower lovely. Hotel beautifully situated with a lovely view of sheep and lambs from the window at breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Garstang, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stopped here for the night so I could pick up my new car the next morning in Livingston. I travelled alone with two kids and was exhausted when we arrived. The young girl behind the desk was superb. She got everything organised quickly and swapped the room as it had been booked wrongly by the company to used ' booking.com' .she gave me an array of takeaway menu and told me that we could eat in the breakfast room. She got us plates and cutlery and helped me tidy up afterwards. The room itself was really clean. Basic but with everything you need. I got a costa coffee from the machine and even topped up my baby's bottle for free. We booked breakfast in the morning and I paid about 8 quid with the kids eating for free. It felt like a really good deal all round and I will deinately be staying with the hotel chain int he future. We offer book into 4 star hotels with swimming pools when we are driving up to Scotland but to be honest the service here was better than any Hilton I've stayed in in the last 5 years. Surprising good

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Moray
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had an overnight stay here for a wedding. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel clean and room had everything required. Good breakfast with a lovely view over fields and enjoyed looking at the little lambs while eating. We would stay here again. Close to the M8 and easy to get to. No biscuits with the tea and coffee making facilities though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Auchterarder, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family of 3 stayed here last night as party of a wedding party. We were attending my close friends wedding at The Vu (5 star, separate review!!) and had been recommended to stay here along with the other wedding guests. As the bride had booked lots of rooms we got a discount which was very reasonable. . . expecting just to be sleeping here, i wasn't expecting much to be honest. What we received was exceptional :)
First off i had phoned a few weeks before our stay to request an early check in. As we were coming for a wedding,we had hoped to get changed in hotel after travelling for 1 hour. We were advised its best to call on the morning as they would have a better idea then, we did as they advised and were delighted that they had made a note of our request the few weeks bewfore and had our room ready for us so we could check in early (Huge bonus for us and no extra cost, which a lot of hotels hit u with on check out).
Secondly, we received a very warm welcome from a friendly young women who obviously enjoyed her job and knew how to look after her customers. First impressions were fab!!
Upon entering our family room it was spacious, clean, warm and had everything we would need for the night. Felt at home straight away :) Had a fab nights sleep and no complaints what's so ever.
Lastly, breakfast - a complete bargain, it was delicious. Again i can't fault it, was cooked to order u can order what u like and u can help yourself to a huge range of fruit/ yoghurts etc Staff again were wonderful nothing was too much bother and they clearly wanted to be there. Very hard working and doing it with a smile . . . which makes all the difference :) Would love to return x

Wee tip for anyone staying and needing a taxi - Use County Cabs 01506 656565 (we were charged £7 for the same journey our friends were charged £18 for!! Before you think it was a one off it wasn't the same happened on the return journey and our other friends were charged £12. C.Cabs seemed the cheapest and there service was spot on, if you don't use them get quotes from other cabs first as they may vary quite a bit!!)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rapperswil, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times in the last oneandahalf years.The room ar clean and bright and the comfort of the bed good. a warm and very friednly welcome when walking in a very enthusiastic way makes it feel good and welcome.
negativ as only every second day the Badge did not work and had to be reactivated.
I had no breakfast as I have to eat gluten, lactose and fructose free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

first time i ve stayed at this particular pi ,i could nt believe how friendly everyone was from the receptionist to the breakfast staff nothing was to much trouble ,1st class if every pi was like this one no one would have any complaints really enjoyed my stay had a lovely view ,a big thankyou to everyone , i could nt speak highly enough of this hotel and look forward to going back as soon as i get the chance , whitbread should be very proud of this place its top as far as im concerned and i stay in at least three different pi s each week so to the manager you ve got a great team look after them there worth there weight in gold

Room Tip: try to get a room facing the hills rather than the car park :-))
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gateshead
Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a self employed lady I need to travel alone on business on a regular basis. I regularly choose to stay in a Premier Inn and have always been happy with their service but the service from the staff in the Bathgate Premier was over and above.
The welcome voice when I walked in was so nice, the young lady gave me a very enthusiastic welcome that stopped me in my tracks!!
At breakfast the staff where equally enthusiastic and my cooked breakfast was one of the nicest I've had in a Premier, it was cooked to order so it was very fresh and hot and cooked beautifully.
As I was leaving, the Manager and the young receptionist were there to wish me a good onward journey and I was offered a take away Costa coffee. (foc) nice touch!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bathgate
Cairn Hotel
Mercure Livingston
#3 of 4 in Livingston
Best Western Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel
Hotel ibis budget Edinburgh Business Park

Been to Premier Inn Livingston (Bathgate) Hotel? Share your experiences!