“friendliest premier inn”

Premier Inn Livingston (Bathgate) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bathgate
Reviewed March 22, 2013

first time i ve stayed at this particular pi ,i could nt believe how friendly everyone was from the receptionist to the breakfast staff nothing was to much trouble ,1st class if every pi was like this one no one would have any complaints really enjoyed my stay had a lovely view ,a big thankyou to everyone , i could nt speak highly enough of this hotel and look forward to going back as soon as i get the chance , whitbread should be very proud of this place its top as far as im concerned and i stay in at least three different pi s each week so to the manager you ve got a great team look after them there worth there weight in gold

Room Tip: try to get a room facing the hills rather than the car park :-))

Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a self employed lady I need to travel alone on business on a regular basis. I regularly choose to stay in a Premier Inn and have always been happy with their service but the service from the staff in the Bathgate Premier was over and above.
The welcome voice when I walked in was so nice, the young lady gave me a very enthusiastic welcome that stopped me in my tracks!!
At breakfast the staff where equally enthusiastic and my cooked breakfast was one of the nicest I've had in a Premier, it was cooked to order so it was very fresh and hot and cooked beautifully.
As I was leaving, the Manager and the young receptionist were there to wish me a good onward journey and I was offered a take away Costa coffee. (foc) nice touch!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was booked in by the company I was working for, and was a little stressed by the time I got there as the postcode on the website took me nowhere near the hotel

However, I was greeted by a lovely lady on reception and nothing was too much trouble

During the evening I was cold and the heating is set to a maximum of 23 degrees. It was sub zero outside and I was freezing, so went to reception. In a flash, she produced a small, very effective heater.

The continental choice at breakfast was adequate, but the hot food was freshly cooked and would have satisfied the largest appetite

It is slightly off the beaten track, so you cannot wander down to the local shops, but I would definitely stay here again

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stopped here for one night before and one night after our city break, flying to Budapest from Edinburgh Airport. Although our first choice for a budget hotel is “Premier Inn” ... we only ended up at Bathgate because the hotels closer to the airport were fully booked due to Wales playing Scotland at Murrayfield in the Six Nations!!! Last minute.com didn’t work on this occasion!!!
The hotel was in a quiet position opposite Bathgate and east to find. The rooms lived up to Premier Inn’s usual high standards ... clean spacious rooms, comfy beds, ample storage. Both rooms during our stay only had a shower ... although we didn’t have a problem with this, it may be an issue for some whose preference is a bath?
Didn’t bother with breakfast but had an enjoyable evening meal at the adjacent Toby Carvery both nights we were there.
As per Premier Inn’s usual high standards ... staff were very professional and friendly. Whilst on our city break to Budapest, we were able to leave our car FOC within the Premier Inn car park.
The receptionist arranged a taxi for us to Edinburgh airport via County Taxi’s on 01501 744460, who provided an excellent cheap service to the airport. The reviews for Budapest advised against the use of rip-off taxis charging an extortionist amount of money ... however, the only rip-off taxi’s charging an extortionist amount of money were to be found at Edinburgh Airport (... for our trip back to Bathgate, Livingston! In hindsight ... we should have booked County Taxi’s on 01501 744460.
Overall we had an excellent stay at the Bathgate Premier Inn.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We chose this place because we wanted to visit Glasgow and Edinburgh while we were there. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The beds and rooms were ok, nothing to write home about. One problem was a fire alarm at 3 or 4 in the morning caused by a bug crawling into a sensor. The Carvery next door was a very nice place for a bite to eat. The location was excellent for our purposes. I would stay here again if we went back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed in the Premier Inn at Bathgate to attend a local wedding reception. The hotel was excellent for a weekend stay. I found the staff to be very friendly and most helpful. The room was clean and bright and the comfort of the bed superb. On arrival we went to the Toby Carvery next door for dinner. If price is your only concern it has to be recommended although I thought the staff to be a little disorganised and service a little slow. The meat from the carvery was very good and I enjoyed my meal. On both mornings we enjoyed a hotel breakfast which was excellent, both Continental and cooked. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would certainly encourage others to stay there.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Have just spent the weekend in this hotel to attend a wedding, and can't fault anything about it. Has obviously been totally refurbished recently . The rooms are of adequate size for a weekend stay and the decor is clean & fresh.Had the continental breakfast on the 1st morning which was really lovely. So much choice and variety of nice things to eat. all for £5 25 which was an absolute bargain. Had the cooked breakfast the 2nd morn, which is cooked on order so no hot food sitting around drying up under heat lamps. It was also cooked to perfection. Last but not least, the staff are so friendly & helpful, especially Edna on reception and Teresa who cooks breakfast and also serves, you are both stars! A lovely welcoming friendly hotel,which I have no hesitation in recommending.Would agree with the comments about the Toby carvery next door, very reasonable prices and the meat in the carvery was lovely., but the veggies to accompany them were a bit dried up, lukewarm. lacked presentation and not very appetizing looking to be honest. Lovely sweets though!.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bathgate
Travelodge Livingston
Livingston Lodge Hotel
Livingston Lodge Hotel
#4 of 4 in Livingston
Macdonald Houstoun House

Been to Premier Inn Livingston (Bathgate) Hotel? Share your experiences!