All reviews friendly bar the main hotel building room was clean the pub young lady recommend staying here car park train station hotel room cooked breakfast an overnight stay one night stay stayed here for nights oscars mandy toilet unwell
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2019

I stayed overnight due to working in the area the next day. Although I was a single traveller, I still had a large room which was spotless and comfortable. Laura on reception couldn't have been more helpful.I ordered a pizza from Oscars which was delivered to my room - it was delicious. Didn't have breakfast.

I took the train to Edinburgh from Livingston North - reception ordered me a taxi and it was just under £5. There was a taxi at the rank on the way back, but it would have easy to call one.

There was a bit of noise of other rooms coming and going (not very soundproof) but nothing disasterous. For the price I paid, and the room/service received - I was very happy - thank you :)

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2019

This was my first time in Livingston and was in town for a job interview. I arrived at around 7:30pm. The lady on reception checked me in quickly and directed me to my single room (Room 1). The room was adequate for an overnight stay with few frills beyond Tea/Coffee making facilities, but this is reflected in the competitive rates the hotel charge. Cleanliness was not an issue as everything seemed cleaned to a high standard. However, one thing I did notice was that the room could have done with a refurb. The shower cubicle had weak pressure and had a big crack in the bottom (see picture). The tap in the sink has come loose, with the tap turning as you try to turn it on as it is no longer fixed to the sink. On the whole, a decent night sleep which was good value and would definitely return again if in the area in future.

In terms of the rest of the hotel, I did not eat in Oscar's Restaurant, have the breakfast or use the bar that links the rooms with the main hotel building. Therefore, I cannot comment on these facilities.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2018 via mobile

Greeted nicely on check in, I was shown to my room which was Number 1, single bed, ideal for me, clean & tidy, room is quiet spacious but I had to breathe in to get past the sink to get to toilet.

I had the Scottish breakfast which was lovely

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is split into two either side of a large working mans pub.
The room was compact but clean. We had twin beds, mine was fine the other bed mattress was in need of some attention. I slept well my friend was not so comfortable.
Our friend was on the other side which meant going outside to a separate entrance. He slept well.
We had breakfast in a separate room in the morning. It was a full English which was good, continental food was also available. All very acceptable.
Not somewhere we would rush back to but ok .

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank LondonBran
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in July with my boyfriend as we was going a wedding, was so happy and pleased with the hotel, the staff was so friendly and helpful and was so close too shops and other places, room was so clean and if we needed anything extra they made sure we had, bed was dead comfy aswell and was great they had extra pillows in the wardrobe, will defo come back if up that way again

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple