All reviews the main hotel building wedding reception room was clean the pub young lady recommend staying here car park one night stay train station cooked breakfast an overnight stay stayed here for nights oscars mandy toilet edinburgh wake
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2019

This was my first time in Livingston and was in town for a job interview. I arrived at around 7:30pm. The lady on reception checked me in quickly and directed me to my single room (Room 1). The room was adequate for an overnight stay with few frills beyond Tea/Coffee making facilities, but this is reflected in the competitive rates the hotel charge. Cleanliness was not an issue as everything seemed cleaned to a high standard. However, one thing I did notice was that the room could have done with a refurb. The shower cubicle had weak pressure and had a big crack in the bottom (see picture). The tap in the sink has come loose, with the tap turning as you try to turn it on as it is no longer fixed to the sink. On the whole, a decent night sleep which was good value and would definitely return again if in the area in future.

In terms of the rest of the hotel, I did not eat in Oscar's Restaurant, have the breakfast or use the bar that links the rooms with the main hotel building. Therefore, I cannot comment on these facilities.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2018 via mobile

Greeted nicely on check in, I was shown to my room which was Number 1, single bed, ideal for me, clean & tidy, room is quiet spacious but I had to breathe in to get past the sink to get to toilet.

I had the Scottish breakfast which was lovely

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is split into two either side of a large working mans pub.
The room was compact but clean. We had twin beds, mine was fine the other bed mattress was in need of some attention. I slept well my friend was not so comfortable.
Our friend was on the other side which meant going outside to a separate entrance. He slept well.
We had breakfast in a separate room in the morning. It was a full English which was good, continental food was also available. All very acceptable.
Not somewhere we would rush back to but ok .

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank LondonBran
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in July with my boyfriend as we was going a wedding, was so happy and pleased with the hotel, the staff was so friendly and helpful and was so close too shops and other places, room was so clean and if we needed anything extra they made sure we had, bed was dead comfy aswell and was great they had extra pillows in the wardrobe, will defo come back if up that way again

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as was on business I had previously read reviews thinking maybe it’s not that bad, place unclean noisy as was in room at night could hear everyone by passing my room from the bar I would describe this place as a working man’s type place, don’t take your posh car if you have one receptionist ‘ I think your car should be ok ‘ I had visions of me waking up without a car ...

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Manager D, General Manager at Livingston Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Good Afternoon,
Firstly i would like to apologise for any noise you may have heard from your room at night,
could you advise me on what room you were in so i can check the reservation details.
We take pride in the clenliness of all our rooms so the comments of being unclean are quite upsetting as this is not how we want our guests to feel.
I feel its unfair for you to say not to bring your posh car here as my experience whilst working here over 6 years we have not had any damage to any vehicles whilst staying wth us. We always have a range of vehicles at the Hotel from very expensive cars to work vans with materials inside also other guests cars and staff.
The Hotel has 24 hour CCTV throughout and all round the ouside including the carpark. There is also a night porter on duty through out the night who does hour checks round the Hotel.
If you would like to discuss any of the issues above please don't hesitate to call me direct at the Hotel.

Kind Regards