All reviews the main hotel building wedding reception room was clean the pub young lady recommend staying here car park one night stay train station cooked breakfast an overnight stay stayed here for nights mandy oscars toilet edinburgh wake
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

When we arrived the outside of the hotel looked very uninviting. However, we had a friendly check in at Reception and were shown to our rooms. We were allocated room no 5 and it was a good size room, small bathroom but clean with tea/coffee and TV. The room was in need of an update it was a little weary in decor and the bathroom really needed updating. Very poor shower but with lovely hot water. We ventured for breakfast the next morning and it had everything you would require and service was good however one part of the room looked as if it was being renovated.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2018

I stayed here recently - the guy above us fell asleep at 8pm and the room began to oscillate due to the guys snoring. He then proceeded to wake up at 4am and complete the river dance until 5am. What a horrible experience.

In all seriousness, the floor is EXTREMELY squeaky and should be fixed. I woke up the following day extremely tired and extremely sure I won't be staying here again.

Room tip: make sure you don't get room 2.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

I needed a quick overnight between Edinburgh and Glasgow. Plumped for this and wasn't looking for luxury but was really basic and not terribly clean. Wouldn't stop again and I wouldn't recommend it even on a budget.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2018

I booked a room in advance for 4 days stay, for me and my wife, because I couldn't get a room at a reasonable price in Edinburgh. It is 3 quarters of a mile from the Livingston North railway station which wasn't great as we didn't see a taxi and had to walk with cases to the hotel. When we were shown to the room we were pretty shocked as it was at the bottom of the scale in what I would accept as reasonable. The room location was not good either. After a very bad night on the 2nd night we complained to the reception. She understood our problems, apologised for the issues and upgraded us to their deluxe room. This changed my whole opinion of the Hotel and we did enjoy the rest of our stay.
Thank you to the reception for the upgrade. I can only recommend the deluxe room, the basic rooms are not good, but if you book the deluxe room you will be satisfied. The Hotel is more of a "Pub with accomodation" rather than a "Hotel", but the rooms are well priced compared to Edinburgh and the transport to Edinburgh is simple and fast.
Just spend the extra money and take the better room!
Sleep quality, see below, went average. 2 nights bad quality and 2 nights good quality.

Room tip: Take a deluxe room.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2018

I've found the bed slightly small but it was a decent hotel and location is close to some stores. My room wasn't big but it was clean and toilet was very good. I've also found the staff very friendly. The pub inside of the hotel was also looked very friendly.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Kinkosha
Manager D, General Manager at Livingston Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Thank you for your feedback , We hope you enjoyed your stay here with us here at the Hotel, I shall pass your comments on to the team.

Kind Regards