“Surprise Party”

The Lime Kiln
Ranked #17 of 100 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lime Kiln is a child- friendly licensed restaurant, right across from Livingstons designer shopping outlet. We have a large capacity dining area, a bar area, outside dining area,a childs outdoor playarea, and Tots TV room to keep the kids happy. Our menu has a wide and varied selection of meals to suit all tastes, as well as a number of deals to suit all budgets! These include: 2 main meals for £8.99 Mon-Fri .Curry club on a Wednesday, free starter or sundae on a Thursday, Kids eat from a £1 on Mondays and our popular Sunday Roast deals.We can cater for large parties- if you have an occasion coming up then please contact us about our special occasion tables . We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I booked out the Lime Kiln for my Mum's 60th birtrhday which was a surprise. She had an amazing evening as did her 40+ guests. We all had 3 courses which were amazing and all came out together.
My family had an amazing night. The manager Rebecca showed my Mum to her table whichshe had no idea about and we were well looked after all night.
Everyone had a great meal and a great night and we will all be returning.
They also decorated the place great for us and accomodated well for kids in the party.
Great place for a family ger together

The_Lime_Kiln, General Manager at The Lime Kiln, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your review on your visit to our establishment. We can cater for large parties and offer our book your special occasion now package which i am glad to hear your table benefited from and that you thoroughly enjoyed both your food and service you received during your visit. I look forward to seeing you and your family again on your return visit.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Lentil Soup did not taste like Lentil Soup. Roast Beef toughest i've every had. Lack of gravy. Roast potatoes burnt. Mashed potatoes were smash out of packet. Green Beans were not cooked enough. The only plus side were the Staff. PS Think you need a new CHEF.

2  Thank Stuart C

My sincerest apologies about the food quality you received during your visit to our establishment. At The Lime Kiln we pay full attention to the feedback we receive from our guests whether it be while dining during our server's courtesy check or via online websites. We would appreciate it if you could give us the opportunity to discuss the matter further? If you wish to do so, please contact a member of the management team on 01506410661

Reviewed December 31, 2012

meal was very poor quality and expensive waitress was lovely though burt will not return . this is not our first visit here , and we always hope it will improve but it never does. it was pretty empty and that probebly because of the bad food . needs an new chef

1  Thank annyb555
The_Lime_Kiln, Manager at The Lime Kiln, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

We are sorry to hear that your recent visit was not to your expectations, you don't mention in your review what the specific issues were, and for us to use your feedback in a positive way it would be helpful if you could inform us of these?
As always, we are disappointed to hear that someone has left unhappy, and issues that may have arisen have not been brought to our attention at the time for them to be rectified.
We would appreciate it if you could give us the opportunity to discuss the matter further? If you wish to do so, please contact a member of the management team on 01506410661.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

keen willing staff ruined by appalling portion control, all my first 3 choices of main course were not available, nor for my partner, and we had looked on line at the menu from Peebles before heading off, there was not a single mention of no lamb. no chicken and no cheese - had we known, we would have brought a carry out, as we still wanrted to see our friends at a long planned gathering of over a dozen club members

when asking about the availability of disabled parking - we were not told it was flooded to depth of 3 inches - Council problem apparently, how do you avoid soaking your shoes and dress - by parking in the middle of the access road and hope we did not get run over, had we not had helping hands this would have been a distinct possibility, otherwise we would have had to return to Peebles v disappointed etc etc

Fortunately I had my wellies - the Nachos were fine, except for d cheese, there was' nt any, even tho the largest Asda on the planet, was still open and across the road,,,,,

1  Thank Andy s
The_Lime_Kiln, General Manager at The Lime Kiln, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Lime Kiln. My apologies on the above events that led you to write a disappointing review. I personally spoke to numerous people in your party that evening to try and accommodate every need your party had and to make you aware of what was going on with regards to our menu availibility before you were seated. I was under the impression your party left happy with what we had done for you with regards to the mishaps that occured during your visit but from your review i am disheartened that this is not the case and would be grateful if you could contact myself direct on 01506 410 661.

Kind Regards
Rebecca Gould

Reviewed December 22, 2012

My partner and myself where welcomed by a young girl, Lauren I think, from the moment she clocked us until we got to the table she had a radiant smile that was very warm and welcoming. We were asked how our day was & told specials. Instantly asked for drinks which I like, nothing worse than having to wait. We were told our servers name which I cannot recall, but she must of seen us for an almighty four minutes before she was whisked away on her break. Another younger lady, Sall? She took our order, again, she was as pleasant as the other. 10 out of 10 for staff friendliness! We ordered nachos to share & then steaks, they were cooked to perfection! Unfortunately we didn't have enough room to fit desserts in but we will defiantly be back to have a taste of your menu. Overall an amazing experience in your restaurant! Hope to see you in the near future!

Katie & Scott

Thank you ever so much for the lovely compliments and i am glad you choose to spend your occassion with us despite the reviews as you stated. Hope to see you in the near future and when you do return don't forget to save room for our homemade crumble for dessert this time.