“Tried the buffet not impressed”
Review of China Glen - CLOSED

China Glen
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
York
“Tried the buffet not impressed”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Came here on 10th July tried the buffet with my wife and granddaughter. It was not the best Chinese buffet I have had.... there was choice but poor quality food,you could request certain items not on display- hot and sour soup to order took 15minutes, hopefully not micowaved. The food was replenished often so no issues there. I suppose you get what you pay for and it was not too expensive...£7.95 until 7.30pm I think...Other options are close by so if its Chinese you want try the menu as they do a 3x course offer for around the same price... might be worth a try.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Tourman2

“Basic Chinese buffet”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Lots on offer in the lunchtime buffet and low cost but it's the same as every other Chinese buffet, needs 'something else' to make it sparkle, maybe a new menu would improve it.
It looks dark from the outside, not well lit up and inviting, the ceiling inside is horrid.
Time to start doing entertainment or karaoke or something I think.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank GettingGooey
“lunch”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

have lunch with a friend here sometimes love the buffet style as can have as much or as little as you like

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Tallullahmac
West Calder, United Kingdom
“It's quick and it's affordable”
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

When I visited last, the service was seen to be very quick and efficient but unfortunately the food did not live up to prior expectations.

2 Thank Rubiseany
“Horrendous”
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

I visited china glen a lot with my family. However I decided to go with my partner. We are only 19 and it was our first time going with no parents. As soon as we walked in, the manager demanded we pay before we ate! However every other time I went we always paid as leaving! That's discrimination. He obviously thought we were going to eat and not pay! Was so shocked. Never been back.

3 Thank Kim K