Tigh na Mara
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
The Crown Hotel(Stornoway)
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was visiting the hebrides for the first time with an American firend. This was the first stop on the trip. This was an excellent Scottish B&B . Our host was extremely helpful . The room was very pleasant and we had an excellent full Scottish breakfast . No ensuite but at the price it was tremendous value for moneyt and I would not hesitate to recommend it

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here for two nights recently. We had the the room with twin beds. The views were lovely. There is a nice enclosed porch where one can sit and enjoy the evening it the weather is inclement. Florence is a lovely lady and she made sure we had plenty to eat, especially as we are vegetarians. Certainly a great value for the money and a nice place to stay. One note: bathrooms are shared by the folks renting the three rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank evanstonwallah
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I couldn't have asked for more from the delightful Mr and Mrs Flora Morrison. Arriving on a push bike in heavy rain (quite common around these islands it seems...) I got a bit lost - hint for future travellers, it is not where google maps says it is - and phoned for help. Lo and behold, Mr Morrison came out and stood in the road - in the pouring rain - to ensure I could find them. As soon as I arrived, Flora let me drip in their conservatory whilst she took my wet waterproofs etc and dried them overnight. They also have a large shed for bikes.

My single room was on the small side, however guests did have use of a lounge downstairs. The homemade cake on the bedside table was very welcome though - much more so than the normal pack of biscuits you may get! The view out of the window over the Loch was fantastic. Tigh Na Mara is in a very quiet area so I slept well and finished off with a delicious breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We were very happy to find a room in Tarbert on such short notice at this time of the year. Particularly so, as it was at the Tigh Na Mara that was recommended by the Rough Guide to Scotland. And it was a very nice place to stay at indeed. When our friendly hostess showed us our room we were pleasantly surprised by two pieces of cake next to the kettle. The view from our room was excellent. The B&B is in easy walking distance of the harbour. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I spent three very comfortable nights with Mrs Flora Morrison at Tigh na Mara.

The bedrooms are compact but comfortable and scrupulously clean. We spent one night in a twin without facilities and two in an ensuite family room and were very happy with both. There is a residents' lounge and Mrs Morrison is relaxed about guests being in during the day, which is real help in bad weather.

We had huge Scottish breakfasts each day and were treated to slices of home made cake in our room each evening.

All in all, a treat.