“never disappointed”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Visited several times and have never been disappointed .terrific food great service always busy .Not one to miss

1  Thank grahamhodgson

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have visited First Fruits many times before, so perhaps my welcome back was warmer than most, but I was pleased to see the team had kept up the good standard of service. This is a small tea room that has a limited menu, but the food is always good and the service first class. Maybe I have been lucky with the weather, but whenever I visit it always seems to be the perfect day to sit outside and enjoy lunch in the sunshine. It was good to go back and I hope to visit many times again.
*Please note this is Scotland, so sunshine cannot be guaranteed :)

1  Thank RichardBreton
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This family run enterprise is the friendliest tearoom in Harris. Situated near the ferry terminal they offer good food at an excellent price. I have been visiting it for 6 years and have never been disappointed.

2  Thank ctizen
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Had a great time on harris & lewis, up for a few days photography but the weather changed so headed home on the Wednesday. Very wet on the day but spent the time wandering round Tarbert till the ferry arrived, managed to get some pics'. Any way popped into the Fruits tea room, had a lovely welcome, dripping wet due to the rain that day.
The service I had was great, I chose the full breakfast which was brill and as much tea as I wanted. Very polite and the service was faultless.
I would certainly recommend this tearoom.
A little Haven!!!

2  Thank colin c
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stopped in here on our journey to Harris to buy tweed. You see, we can't stop living the dream!!!

The tearoom is an unimposing place, just off the car park by the ferry.

What we saw was as unexpected as it was astonishing – an owner/manager and family who have an amazing commitment to service.

We ordered coffee/tea and some snacks. They came. We demolished them.
What we saw during this process caused us to talk to the manager on the way out and compliment him on the way he and his staff deal with customers and offer a truly personable and personal service.

The tea room is small, and table space is limited. When a couple of people pop their heads round the door, and see little space to sit and eat, the owner welcomes them in, and finds a space at a half-occupied table. They sit and they have coffee and cake.

On reading this, you may find this awful, and an intrusion on your privacy. However, it is done with such panache and warmth, that the result is new friends being made over the comestibles. In fact, he later told us that two couples who were strangers were sat at the same table and, having never met before, found out that they lived in the same street of a major city in Scotland.

Go there and enjoy an Island’s welcome and some serious conviviality over a cup of tea and shortbread.

2  Thank TheBodach