“Great place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tarbert
Sydney, Australia
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Unfortunately I only had one night there but it was excellent. A good room (could hear some bar noise but not to extent it worried me)
Very clean. Good bar area and food was excellent and a great breakfast
Service good and more especially the people and staff were very friendly

Room Tip: rooms on 2nd floor are quieter I believe
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Alastair B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Turkish first
Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I was led to believe that I would not enjoy my time on Harris as we had alot of work to do and accomodation was very scarce.

I booked to stay in the Hotel Hebrides purely because they could fit me in and I'm really glad that I did. I can honestly say I have never had such a good time whilst working away from home.

Everybody I met couldn't have been nicer - both staff and locals. If we were working late they tried to accomodate us to get food etc. And, if you are working away from home its amazing what difference a genuine smile in the morning or when you get in makes.

I work on my own quite alot and dining by yourself or even going to a bar is usually the last thing that I would to do but because everyone was so nice it wasnt a problem. No-one was going to leave you by yourself if you were on your own - someone would always say hello.

I found the food to be great and the service was great. I was there at the same time as the world cup was on and the bar was busy every night but they always managed to fit me and my colleagues in somehow.

I found the rooms to be great. I stayed in a few over the course and there was some noise from the bar on one Saturday evening but I just went down and had another drink.

The showers in the rooms were brililant - nice and powerful and really hot if needed.

Maybe its because its a small village or because the world cup was on but there was a really great feeling in the bar that I cant quite explain. Maybe it was because I was over for work I wasnt expecting much but I met so many people - staff, locals other holiday makers and i'd like to think that I have made some real friends. It was almost like I wasnt over working, its a very welcoming place

Anyway the food was great, all the staff were excellent - all of them lovely, room was great, shower was brilliant, free wi-fi. What more do you want?

We regularly talk about the Harris job and how we wish they were all like this.

Tarbert and Harris is a brilliant place, I would go back tomorrow and I would stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Location
5 Thank A4_twin_wire
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Spent a few couple of days camping on Harris and after two days of pot noodles I was starving. I was early for the ferry so parked the motorbike up and wandered around Tabert pier looking for something to eat.

Found the hotel and had the best bar meal I have had in a long time here. Smoked haddock risotto with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce, excellently cooked and presented by the most attractive girls in the highlands. An oasis for the weary traveller.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Location
Kippen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

When you go off the beaten track on holiday ( 14 miles of the track at Hushinish Beach) you deserve a wee bit of relaxation when you come back to civilisation.

We eat here 3 times in a week,once in the restaurant and twice in the bar, which had a lunch meal deal on until 3pm. Great decoration, lovely staff always with a happy face and good value. Kids loved a wee fix of free WIFI which helped keep them amused. It was just a great place to hang out for a coffee as there was a good atmosphere every time we visited.

The restaurant has all the local fish dishes you would expect and was excellent. As we had been in before they even let us use the kids bar menu in the main restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our twin room was quite small and up three flights of stairs. There was no lift, so luggage had to be carried up the stairs. The room was newly re-decorated and thus quite clean. However, there was little storage space and the room was too small for all the furniture it contained. The price for the room was high, but there's little competition, so... Our room was on the back of the hotel but located above the restaurant's back door. The staff used the space below our window to chat and smoke, making it unpleasant to leave the window open. The breakfast included was fine. We didn't use the restaurant, but the bar food was bar food. Service was slow.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mtnman37
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel is in a prime position overlooking the pier, It is very modern, comfortable and welcoming. The menu caters for all tastes and the food is excellent & good value for money. The staff are very friendly. Would recommend highly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had quick lunch here whilst waiting on the ferry to Skye. Friendly service, food okay.
Location perfect for catching the ferry. Leave your car in the ferry queue and go and get something to eat - if they can fit you in ... it's busy. Seemed only place open on a Sunday.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarbert
The Colonsay
Ceol na Mara Guest House
Amhuinnsuidhe Castle
Amhuinnsuidhe Castle
#8 of 11 in Isle of Harris

Been to Hotel Hebrides? Share your experiences!