I decided to try this hotel as i had tried the Harris hotel earlier in the year and although it was nice, i felt it was dated, so am i pleased i did try this hotel!!
this used to look a bit tatty from the outside but since its been done up its a welcoming site, upon entering you notice how modern it is, this place is really modern and so would not look be out of place in a city.
the room itself was clean and tidy and staff were friendly, another advantage is the fact it was right beside the ferry i needed the next morning so i could literally roll out of bed.
there are few things though, and it also had a great view of it
1. although there was a packed breakfast on offer i declined as i wanted a fry up on the boat, there could be an option where those travelling on the early ferry get offered a £5 discount to put towards there breakfast onboard the ship, iv seen this offered elsewhere
2. some of the items in the minibar could be reduced in price slightly
apart from that it was a great stay, it has been the most comfortable place iv stayed.
i was always put off by the price and to be honest it is still expensive although i would stay here again
i cannot comment on food as i never ate here at all as i had eaten before leaving stornoway
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Hebrides is a 4-star hotel with 21 quality, contemporary bedrooms which offer a high standard of quality combined with top notch technology. Every bedroom at the hotel is unique, laden with delightful considerate touches such as our range of luxury Highland Soap products which are made using natural produce from the Isle of Lewis, top quality pocket sprung mattresses and sumptuous thick bath sheets and robes for your added comfort. There is free Wi-Fi in every room, gourmet fully stocked mini-bars, Free-view TV and many deluxe rooms have iPod docking stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Hebrides reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hebrides Hotel Tarbert
- Hotel Hebrides Tarbert, Isle Of Harris, The Hebrides