“fantastic cottage in a beautiful location”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Italian first
Any
angelaeve...
“fantastic cottage in a beautiful location”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

myself and my partner visited Skye to celebrate my 30th birtday and we stayed in the Barn 22nd-29 march. I have to say I was very impressed by the Barn! the location was perfect with great sea views to the front and the quaraing to the back.The owner of the Barn, John, had lit us a peat fire so the cottage was lovely and cozy for our arrival. Throughout our stay john made us feel welcome, gave us plenty of tips on places to see and visit and also some handy shortcuts and he was always happy to stop for a chat and hear about our day. The barn was the perfect, everything id wanted and more. really didnt want to leave so I will definately be coming back again!

N H
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 for a stay in September 2013

We stayed at the barn in September 2013 and had a wonderful holiday. We didn't know anything about Skye before we arrived and so bought the 'Isle of Skye 40 coast and country walks' book which had great suggestions for walks around the island. A lot of the places we went to were a drive away, but the journeys themselves were pretty. We ended the holiday with a truly lovely meal at the nearby glenview hotel (about 10 minute drive on the main road to Portree) which was a unique place which we didn't expect in rural Skye.

It was lovely to get back to the barn after weather beaten days out (the weather would go from bright sunshine to rain within seconds, but as long as you're prepared with waterproofs; it's more exhilarating than ruinous and you get to photograph no end of rainbows). There was always peat available for the burner which John kept stocked up. We would reiterate the good comments about John and Morag; they were great.

Loved the barn and loved Skye.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed September 24, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Gaby_Wolf...
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Brilliant and Quiet place for a nice retreat!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

Stayed at the Barn for a week during summer. Its location is superb for hikes, drives (motorbike or car) and the views from the driveway are wonderful.

The Barn itself is well-equipped, has a nice atmosphere and we would highly recommend it to other couples to visit.

The owner is full of stories and great tips when it comes to hikes! Great guy, great barn, great stay. Will certainly come again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
worcester
Reviewed January 8, 2013 for a stay in November 2012

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Dundee
Reviewed December 5, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Glasgow
Reviewed November 11, 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing