“Lovely relaxing holiday fantastic view”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
The view from Wavecrest
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
969nikki
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxing holiday fantastic view”
Reviewed May 6, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

This cottage is kept to an immaculate standard. It's fairly plain inside but has lots of nice touches and some lovely prints. Everything was provided and we couldn't find anything that needed adding! Only slight negative was having to get top up for meter for electric.
Best of all how ever is the outstanding and ever changing view out of the patio doors and off the patio. The bay is beautiful and a five min stroll across the field in front , fantastic and great for the dog!!
Lovely view of Quirang from the kitchen and circuit route can be done in day easily without car.

Great location for heading out walking with lots of walks from the door, but Portee, old man storr and Uig not to far.
Highly recommend this lovely place to wind down. Only sorry to leave , hopefully will be back and wouldn't even look at anywhere else on Skye.

Jun 2, 2017
Thank you for all of your lovely comments - we love the place ourselves for similar reasons. I hope you will manage back in the not-too-distant future. Kind regards. Janice
liz21025
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Perfect Location, Great Views!”
Reviewed January 14, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

This holiday cottage is in the perfect location. We had a mixed bag of weather throughout the week and where better to sit and relax than in the lounge watching the waves and the weather roll in!
This cottage is clean and well equipped, you really don't need to take anything except yourselves and your belongings. I am someone who likes to cook, especially in winter, where eating out on Skye could be a challenge! The kitchen had everything you need and more.
We spent the entire week on the Trotternish peninsula, and had come with that plan in mind, there's so much to see and do on Skye if you're a lover of the out doors, and we wanted to explore this area in detail. You can literally walk the Quiraing from the cottage and also Staffin Bay (good luck finding the dinosaur footprints!) and The Storr walks are only a very short ride away.
Thoroughly enjoyed our week, many thanks, I hope we can come back again sometime.

Jan 24, 2017
Thanks for your lovely comments. I'm missing 'Wavecrest' myself, especially the views from the lounge. After reading your review, my husband and I have booked a week for ourselves in February. Come back soon! Janice
Callum N
“Amazing view, great value”
Reviewed November 27, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Such great value for a wonderful place with a fantastic view of the beach and Staffin, all within 5 minutes of Skye attractions. I can only fault that it doesn't have Wifi, but it's not a necessity. Thank you!

Nov 29, 2016
Thank you for your kind words Callum. I hope you may come back and enjoy 'Wavecrest' for longer next time! Janice
catherine...
Leeds
“Relaxing and beautiful”
Reviewed September 16, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

We've been to Skye many times before. This was the first time at wavecrest and not disappointed. What a lovely clean comfortable cottage .The lounge is a gem over looking the bay breakfast looking out to sea was bliss. Perfect place for relaxing after climbing Ben Nevis on route to Skye. Although we did plenty of walking up Quraing, Old Man of Storr! And found a new place on the road out of Staffin to the coast with dramatic stacks in the sea remote and breath taking! We will be back I'm sure . Skye is so special as is Wavecrest.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views
Liked least: No wifi
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Sep 19, 2016
Thank you for the lovely review Catherine and I hope you will visit 'Wavecrest' again before too long. I love walking on Skye myself and always find the Quairaing such a magical place. Janice
Missbrigh...
Broadway, United Kingdom
“Views to die for”
Reviewed June 20, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Good points.
Lovely spacious bungalow with gorgeous views from every window. Comfortably furnished and well equipped. Heating by storage heaters which are adequate.
Less good points.
holiday maker is expected to re charge the electricity meter at local shops then keep an eye on it all week to ensure it remains in credit. I didn't really want to be bothered with this and would prefer to pay a little more for the cottage and not worry about the electricity.
The cottage doesn't have a phone signal or wifi.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jun 21, 2016
Thanks for your review.
We deliberately have an electricity meter to keep the costs down for the cottage - especially in the better weather where there is no charge for the customers. I appreciate your relevant point however since we're almost in a 'catch 22' situation. We opted to keep the costs for the week to an absolute minimum thinking this would suit more clients.
Likewise the lack of a phone/wifi - although I get a signal on my mobile phone with Vodaphone. Some clients just want to get away from it all - no contact from work etc.If this is an issue with most of our clients, we will remedy this. So, once again, 'thank you' for your useful feedback.
Janice
mawa59
Kaarst, Germany
“Perfect location for phototrips to the Quiraing, Old Man etc ...”
Reviewed June 18, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Well equipped house (esp. kitchen and living room) in an absolutely perfect location for photographers and walkers. Stunning views over nice Staffin beach (5 Minutes to go). Everything clean and tidy and well managed (written information for mostly every concern) . Wonderful patio with morning sun. I really felt comfortable here and would like to come back again.

The only (really small !) thing I didn't like so much were the mattresses. They were so soft :-) But I guess this is a matter of opinion anyway.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jun 20, 2016
Thank you for your comments. We bought 'Wavecrest' for its location and we always find it stunning all-over-again each time we visit. Haste ye back! Janice
Nicki P
“Beautiful cottage ”
Reviewed June 14, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Had such a fantastic time at the cottage. It has all the amenities one would need for time away. The patio doors are special as you can see all the way to Staffin island and the lighthouse on the mainland from the comfort of the sofa, which I valued most. It's in a great location to set off to the Quarraing and the Old Man of Storr, with gorgeous walks all around. I've visited many times through the years and enjoy every moment I'm there! I couldn't go anywhere else on Skye!

Jun 20, 2016
Thank you for your comments. My husband and I love to walk from the door of 'Wavecrest'to the 'dinosaur footprints' on the small beach near Staffin slip. A memorable walk through time! Come back soon if you can. Janice
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing