“excellent”
other travelers have booked this property
Calligary Cottages,
Loch Nevis on the left and Loch Hourn on the right Calligary Cottages.
Loch Hourn on the left and Loch Nevis on the right.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Calligary Cottages,
Loch Nevis on the left and Loch Hourn on the right
Calligary Cottages.
Loch Hourn on the left and Loch Nevis on the right.
Loch Nevis Lounge
Loch Nevis kitchen/diner.
Loch Nevis Double bedroom.
Loch Nevis Twin bedroom.
A Rhododendron bush at Calligary Cottages.
A lovely Autumn afternoon from Loch Nevis cottage.
View from Cnoc Monadh in Calligary.
Evening view from nearby Aird.
Isles of Eigg and Rum from nearby Aird
Gathering clouds over Isle of Eigg.
Sunrise across the Sound of Sleat.
Low tide in Ardvasar Bay.
Dawn.
Peace in Ardvasar Bay.
Meet the neighbours
Let's run away.
I was born like this but my ear will straighten out.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
mrs sara...
“excellent”
Reviewed January 15, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

my husband and I had also the dog enjoyed it it was the best holiday we have had in a long time and will be back

Jan 19, 2018
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you all enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your next visit.
David W
Bearsden, United Kingdom
“Cosy, comfortable; and views to make you smile.”
Reviewed October 13, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I stayed in Loch Nevis Cottage for 5 weeks for work reasons. That's longer than most holiday stays. But I can report that I grew very fond of this little cottage. Clean and comfortable, and kept cosy and warm. The views were always a joy. It's position high above the village of Ardvasar gave an outstanding vista across the Sound of Sleat to the Scottish Highlands. I loved it.

Oct 13, 2017
Thank you for the lovely Review. I'm glad you enjoyed your work experience in South Skye. I look forward to welcoming you back sometime.
Ally M
“Perfect Comfy Cottage”
Reviewed September 22, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Having been to Sleat, Skye on numerous occasions I was pleasantly surprised at the Loch Nevis Cottage. Ideally located in the village of Ardvasar close to the Calmac ferry to Mallaig and amenities of Armadale. The cottage has wonderful views of the Sound of Sleat from its elevated site. The cottage itself is well proportioned, amply fitted and clean and tidy a credit to owner Janette who lives locally and on hand for any problems.
My girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our relaxed stay at this perfect property and will be back soon. I would thoroughly recommend this cottage to any prospective hirer.

Sep 22, 2017
Thank you, Ally, for a glowing report. I'm very pleased that you both enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your return visit.
dazzyb201...
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful cottage”
Reviewed September 19, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

A wonderful clean cottage with stunning views in a lovely village. Great location to explore the island and a fantastic holiday was had!

Your age range 35-49
Sep 20, 2017
Thank you. I am glad you both enjoyed your holiday after such a long journey.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent cottage with great views.”
Reviewed August 28, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Clean and well-kempt cottage. Everything you would need for a stay is there.
Excellent washing machine, dishwasher and tumble dryer. Great views of the sound of sleat from the large windows in the lounge. Bedrooms and linen are superb. There is a lovely garden and patio area where you can sit and enjoy the atmosphere and stillness of the island. A great place to stay. Ardvasar is picturesque and you can easily walk to the harbour and watch the ferry arriving and departing whilst enjoying a lovely cup of coffee at the little cafe. There are also some great shops there and I would thoroughly recommend the pottery shop and grumpy george's shop.
I would definitely recomment this cottage.

Aug 30, 2017
Thank you for such a glowing Review. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to a return visit sometime.
ALass48
Dalkeith, United Kingdom
“loch nevis cottage”
Reviewed August 19, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The cottage was lovely and clean Janette who is the cottage is a very lovely lady and the view from the cottage is fantastic. We liked our stay so much we have booked for next year.

Aug 24, 2017
I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your return next year.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Picture Perfect”
Reviewed June 24, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Loch Nevis is in a stunning location on the hillside above Ardvasar, only 5 mins from the ferry terminal at Armadale, which is very handy when you've travelled a long distance to reach Skye. We've stayed at Calligary Cottages on a number of occasions, previously in Loch Hourn, and this time in Loch Nevis.

The views from both cottages and gardens are stunning and this time when we visited we had a couple of sunny days, which allowed us to eat out in the garden, and enjoy the scenery from outside for a change. (It's not called the Misty Isle for nothing)

The cottages are cosy, comfortable, very clean - and very well cared for by the friendly and helpful owner, Janette. You can walk down to the hotel at Ardvasar for a meal (and possibly a glass of wine to help you cope with the steep climb back up the hill to the cottage afterwards) and there is a community store just a couple of miles away in Armadale which stocks the basics.

There are always lots of events on at the Gaelic College (Sabhal Mòr Ostaig), which again is only a few miles away if you are looking for something to do in the evenings after you've been out walking for the day.

We always enjoy our time here and will be back again as soon as we can.

Jun 29, 2017
Thank you. I'm pleased that you and the family managed some outdoor dining in between working on your project. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing