“Beyond Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sconser Lodge Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sconser
Sconser Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Sconser B&B and Inns
Louisville, Kentucky
“Beyond Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I came to the Isle of Skye during our two week honeymoon, all the way from the United States, and found this wonderful gem on the internet prior to our vacation. The lodge is simply wonderful, the view we have is stunning (my wife having sat down in the chair and not move for an hour she was so smitten with it), the food was second to none, and the family which owns it are incredibly friendly and very helpful. They even concerned themselves that our time on the Isle was pleasant, engaging us in cconversation, and being very genuine. We loved it there, and hope to retun someday soon! I'm not one to write reviews, so take this as yet another indication that the Sconser Lodge is perfect in every way.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I spent two nights at Sconser Lodge in late April while on a road trip around Scotland with my mother and had a great experience which I would recommend to anyone who has an opportunity to travel to Skye. Craig and Lisa, the owners are very welcoming and made us feel part of the family which is something my mother really appreciated.

The location is spectacular with an absolute waterfront location and views across to Raasay. My room was large with good linen and a comfortable bed. We ate in the Inn both nights and had fantastic local food and great service. Craig does the cooking and runs a well-stocked bar which doubles as a local watering hole during summer. The Highlands breakfast I had the first morning was one of the best I've ever had at a B&B anywhere.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem good. If you don't have a view of the Raasay you would have one of the hills...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Philip R
Antrim, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is a family run hotel, which was originally an old hunting lodge, so there is an abundance of character in each room. Lots of books and games and even a guitar for playing should the notion arise! There is a small dining room for breakfast and evening meals, to which we availed ourselves and which was very good.having decided on freshly cooked fish & chips. Not only chef, but Craig is a very good host and we were made feel most welcome. Would definitely recommend this hotel and obviously the rooms over looking the loch are magic. We had a room with a four poster bed so this is a good choice. Thank you for making our stay so memorable on our little Scotland road trip and thank you also for the Birthday G & T...:-)

Room Tip: Room Number 1 with four poster bed.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fair_Foodie
Lake District, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was doing a Walkabout Scotland Tour and we spent our first 3 nights here and it's so nice and the lovely family running it are so nice. You're right on the beach and can look out while you eat dinner and breakfast. The food is to die for. Everything is fresh so my first taste of haggis was exceptional. Have the smoked haddock for breakfast, it just melts in your mouth. The rooms are nice and big and there is wifi for a £2 pound fee.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank amysradar
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited over 3 years ago and we still talk and recommended to family and friends. Stunning hotel, amazing scenery, friendly staff, and the most mouth watering food I have ever tasted, will be back for sure.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank weetoots
Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We satyrs two nights in this wonderful property in the end of September, absolutely marvellous.
It is difficult to fault this place- lovely views!
Did not make use of the breakfast as left the inn very early on both mornings - but the inn was kind enough to pre lay a packaged breakfast for us.
We had a three year old and she too was happy
Full marks !

Room Tip: Take the suite room with the four poster bed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ashboy
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for one night while doing a quick stopover on Skye, as part of a larger trip around Scotland. The most important thing for guests to understand is that staying on Skye, at this lodge, is a vivid experience: The raw beauty of the landscape is my favorite thing about Skye. In providing such hospitality, warmth and comfort in a place that felt so wild, the proprietors have truly accomplished something. We wish we'd had more time at the lodge!

In our one night there, Craig and Iona welcomed us, and showed us to our room. Later Lisa handled our aperitifs (whisky tasting under her guidance, next to a huge crackling wood fire) and our dinner. The meal was among the best we had during our whole 10 day trip in Scotland. I had a bowl of mussels (one of their specialties), which were surprisingly plump and tender, much more so that what I've usually been served elsewhere, and with a great sauce to boot. The dessert was berries with cream and Drambuie, a whisky-based liqueur which was new to us and a pleasant surprise. Breakfast the next morning was equally good and substantive (which was welcome given the amount of whisky we "tasted" the previous night).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zachary B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sconser
Cuillin Hills Hotel
Toravaig House Hotel
Portree Hotel
Portree Hotel
#2 of 5 in Portree

Been to Sconser Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!