“The best of Highland hospitality on Skye”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portree
Springfield Guest House
Ranked #46 of 91 Portree B&B and Inns
Prestonpans, United Kingdom
“The best of Highland hospitality on Skye”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Mairi and her daughter Isabel run this place with superb efficiency with everything you need to hand. It is spotlessly clean, yet homely and cosy. The breakfast is the best I've ever had at a guest house in Scotland. It is a wonderful place to stay, close to the centre of town, with ample parking and a wonderful friendly atmosphere. It is also very reasonably priced.

I'd totally recommend a stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim24527522

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed at this B&B for 4 nights. It was lovely. Very clean and comfortable. Walking distance from the town but far enough away to be extremely quiet. Breakfast was super! Very welcoming. Good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janet L
Greater Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was directed here when the hotel I planned to stay at mucked up my booking - another lucky mistake! My stay here was excellent. Springfield is a short walk from the town centre, but quiet, peaceful and cosy. There was a sparkling clean share toilet/bathroom, and everything I needed in my room, including wi-fi. My hosts were most accommodating, serving me an early breakfast so I could be on the road by 7.30am. Breakfast was beautiful - I really like haggis ( but am puzzled by the whole idea of 'vegetarian haggis' :-) ). I would highly recommend this establishment (but beware - I didn't realise till I got there they don't accept credit cards).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank David W
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed at this guest house on several occasions in the past and stayed there this week too. Why do I keep going back? This is why:
1. Well signposted and about a hundred yards off the main road, sharing access with another bnb
2. Very quiet location whilst being just a 5 minute walk from the centre of Portree
3. Spacious private car parking
4. A large garden with plenty of separate seating if wishing to catch some sunshine
5. Spacious hallway leading to dining room, ground floor tv lounge and stairs to accomodation (plenty of current reading material in tv lounge to plan your next adventure)
6. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well equipped for todays traveller and holidaymaker (tea / coffee etc, tv, etc). Cleanliness is obviously high on the list of priorities of the owners
7. I have stayed in both single and double rooms where the high standards are maintained throughout
8. The breakfasts on offer every day are without equal. There are so many alternatives that the decisions are difficult to make. Whatever choices I have made have been delivered to a standard that is comparable to a 4* hotel. (The Springfield is renowned throughout Portree for its breakfasts. I have found this to be because people always mention the good reputation that the breakfasts have when I have replied to their q. 'where are you staying?'
9. Last but certainly not least, mine hosts. Maree and daughter Isobel make you feel so welcome in a genuine way that after a week you feel almost like one of the family in a non-intrusive way. Nothing is too much trouble for them: from talking about what you are doing that day to giving hints and tips if you ask for them, re what to do and places to visit
All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable, welcoming and rewarding stay has been my experience every time I have had the 'Springfield' experience.
Well done to all.

Room Tip: Phone / e-mail to sort out your exact requirements, this way you get what you need
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 63BB63
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights on an climbing expedition in the Cuillin hills; Springfield was a perfect base: the family were very friendly, the room spotlessly clean & the breakfast was great! Lovely experience and good value - would return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The first thing when you get in, is the nursing home smell and the decoration that goes with it. The soundproofing in the rooms is terrible, I could hear the guy in the next room breath. I really had the feeling of being in a nursery home. When I got there the grandfather and a young guy were arguing because none of them wanted to show me my room, not a nice welcome. Only plus, clean place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank No83
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights and can highly recommend this BnB. It was just a short walk into town. The room was very clean, cosy and with a very comfortable bed. The shared bathroom was also spotlessly clean. The room was very well equipped and I could open a window if needed. The hosts were very friendly and kind and they make a great breakfast. I would definitely revisit when I return to Skye

Room Tip: Make sure you fill in the breakfast menu. I completed two at once just to streamline the process!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo