“Only tried the pub.”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
north ayrshire
“Only tried the pub.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

A massive favourtie with the locals. The bar is small, busy with friendly staff and locals. We found ourselves in here most nights of our stay and very quickly got chatting with the locals. I think we may have tried the eatery one lunchtime for a toastie and coffee, not too sure. If we did then it was okay, extremely hot and busy.

Visited August 2012

Zwolle, The Netherlands
“Decent food, nice staff”
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I had the salmon starter which was ok. My wife tried the olives which still had the pits in them and were accompanied with a strange selection of dips: BBQ, chilli and some other unknown.

The main menus were much better, I had a decent salmon with fresh vegetables, not peas (a rarity in the UK) and my wife had a good salmon salad, again with lots of olive pits. The bread was edible, but nothing special.

I would have given a 4 if the starters would have been more appetizing.

portree
“evening meal”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

lovely food pleasent staff great price would recommend to others

• Visited July 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Good seafood, good service”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

3 of us ate here on a Saturday night. The place was fairly busy so we had to wait half an hour for a table, but we would agree it was worth waiting for. We went next door for a pint while waiting. Mussels starter was huge; scallops were also pretty good. I had chicken for main which was excellent.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank BigBilbo
Isle of Harris United Kingdom
“amazing value for money!”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I had looked through the windows of the restaurant and had to go inside. As it was dinner time I decided to take a seat and had a very polite waitress come and say hello and take my order. I had delicious langoustines to start and then the biggist bowl of very fresh and tasty muscles I have ever seen and had before!. To finish off the meal I had a couple scoops of 2 differint ice creams with little suprise ingredients mixed into them.

Overal the meal and venue was amazing, fresh local produce, good atmosphere and polite, helpful and confident staff.

Just what you expect and more from a wee scottish harbour restaurant.
I will be back for more.

• Visited May 2012