“beautiful pottery, outstanding quality”
Review of Edinbane Pottery

Edinbane Pottery
Ranked #13 of 36 things to do in Portree
Dunblane, Scotland
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“beautiful pottery, outstanding quality”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I'm biased, because I like one of the mainstay patterns this pottery produces!

I've been more than a few times and always find the folk there helpful (although more recently the non-native shop staff haven't always had the...erm...easiest language skills!).

If you like well made, beautifully designed pottery then this is not to be missed. If I could afford it, I'd be buying more & more!

http://www.edinbane-pottery.co.uk/ for more details, even if you're not a pottery fan then still an interesting visit on a wet day when you're fed up trying to see scenery through thick rainfall and mist!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank S P

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Expensive and not friendly”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We went in on our visit to Skye, got a smile from the girl when we went in. We bought a small mug about 4cm tall at a whopping £18!!!!! The man who came to the counter was not friendly at all and it seemed more of an effort for him if anything.

It is also very very expensive, the smallest platter/large plate we saw was £200.....gob smacked at the prices.

3 Thank eimaj2000
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent choice of fantastic hand made pottery.”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I went to the pottery whilst on our honeymoon to commission some mugs, plates, bowls etc as a nice momento for our time in Skye. We met Stuart, the owner who couldn't have been more helpful - he understood our requirements and made suggestions regarding styles, glazes and the use of our emblem. If you are looking to buy something to take away, there is a fantastic range of pottery - particularly in their style of glaze known as "Ebb and Flow". A really welcoming shop (which looked very cosy when we arrived in the pouring rain!) where you can watch Stuart or the other potters on the wheel. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited September 2011