“Just the best day ever!”

Skye Ghillie Fly Fishing and Wilderness Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fly fishing for beginners and experienced anglers. Salmon, Trout, Sea trout and Sea fishing available. Deer stalking for Red and Roe. Not for you? What about a wild walk to explore Skyes abundant flora and fauna and learn about its bloody history. Wild food foraging is also a part of the wild walk. learn how to identify tasty wayside snacks and then cook them over the fire. Activities for ALL ages!
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Don't go to Skye without spending some time with Mitchell - the real Skye Ghillie. He will take you off the beaten track - we saw no one else all day - and share with you the delights of the beautiful Isle of Skye. We are a family of 5 with 3 girls ranging from 5-11 and Mitchell pitched our day at just the right level. The girls had a competition to see how much wildlife they could see and we weren't disappointed - Sea Eagles the minute we jumped out of the car! We had a great walk in the hills in the morning and then an afternoon down on the shore where we boiled up mussels and whelks and tracked otters (unsuccessfully).
Mitchell is friendly, knowledgable and a really nice chap to spend the day with. He really cares about what he does and it was the highlight of our stay.
Thank you Mitchell!

"skye"
in 43 reviews
"stalked"

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Mitchell gave us just the day we wanted. it was tailored perfectly for my sister (with a sore foot) and I, who are in our sixties (actually old Geezers if you must know). We had a wonderful hike down to the ocean, good stories complete with tea and sea snails! Mitchell was thoughtful and considerate and we never felt any pressure to hike beyond our abilities. We learned much about the local history, flora and fauna and birds under a blissfully not too hot sun. The afternoon we spent hiking to a lovely waterfall and managed to see a variety of birds, including a Harrier hawk! We have been traveling for two weeks in Scotland and our day with Mr. Partridge is defiantly the high point of the trip. Thank you Mitchell!!!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I have never fly fished before and we booked the day with Mitchell as something different to do on our holiday - and we weren't disappointed! Mitchell is really friendly, easy going and concerned to make sure you enjoy the day. We loved Breac, his trusty collie friend as well! We didn't catch anything but we both enjoyed the day and would definitely recommend it. Mitchell makes a great cup of tea in his kelly kettle!

1  Thank Han5119
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We had a great morning with Mitchell in Skye. He took us to a couple of great spots, showed us the ropes on fly fishing and let us crack on (with no luck unfortunately). Mitchell is a very professional guy and really knows his stuff. He gave us an excellent lessons on fishing making sure we were safe and ensured we were in the right spot. He hosted us really well keeping us warm with coffee and tea. I would definitely use him again in the future if I went back. He also offers walking tours and wildlife adventures.

We had a great time and would recommend him to anyone.

1  Thank kingcl372
See more reviews
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I would just like to say a huge thank you to Mitch for the very professional assistance he gave to me in the course of my work in February.
On a two day visit to skye with a photography brief to shoot rugged landscapes and wildlfe, Mitch put me in the right spot, everytime, his knowledge of Skye and its flora & fauna as well as his knowledge on wildlife and bushcraft is second to none.
I have shot images all over the world and i can honestly say Mitch is one of the best i have ever had the pleasure to work with.
On a more personal note, Mitch went out of his way help in any way he could with the project i was working on, and i found him to be a very easy going individual.
Anyone ever thinking of coming to Skye for the mountains, fishing or general walking then Mitch from Wild Walks is is who you should have beside you.
I know all at Michael Boyd Photography think so !
Thanks Mitch.