“Nice but not spectacular”

The View Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 39 Restaurants in Portree
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Cuillin Hills View Restaurant offers diners one of the best views on Skye whilst enjoying high quality local Scottish Produce - including an extensive range of Seafood dishes.We pride ourselves on offering our customers a friendly, relaxed and excellent value dining experience.
Rodney Bay
“Nice but not spectacular”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Good value for money but would be happy to pay more for a thicker steak and larger scallops. Staff are lovely!!

Visited March 2014

JACKSON
“Really nice dinner.”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

If you go to this restaurant then go as early as you can. They aren't kidding the view is amazing. They opened at 6pm so we had dinner at 6pm. Our dinner was great. I had the seabass and my husband had the lamb. It was wonderful. The cheesecake for dessert was the best we have had in a long time. The service was great as well. As in all of the UK it was a challenge to get the check as our servers had moved on but we managed to get it eventually. March is a slow time but we had a booking/reservation and that way we had a great table right by the window.

• Visited March 2014
“Not bad, but not great”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food was reasonable, the service was good, and the location was great. I was however a little disappointed with the menu mainly because I had been looking for a seafood restaurant and had followed signs I had seen in Portree that seemed to say that was what this restaurant was. Whilst the menu did have a couple of fish dishes on it, there's no way that the menu I saw could claim to be representative of a specialist seafood restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Surroundings, Attentive Staff”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My partner and I were staying in Balcamara Mains Guesthouse. We decided to venture out to Portree to this restaurant... Perfect find.

The food and presentation here was excellent, the staff were attentive, polite and very efficient. The restaurant itself "The View" (and indeed it is that) was spectacularly furnished with modern and contemporary décor but in fitting with the surroundings and local Scottish traditions.

The view out of the window overlooks Portree Bay and even at night it looks stunning. I would highly recommend this hotel/restaurant and had we not have been staying where we had, we would definitely have chosen this hotel due to the sheer beauty and grandioseness.

Thanks to all the staff here who served us on the 15th, we are grateful for your warm welcome. We shall be back.

Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Really good”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited Portree and in or search for a nice restaurant for dinner were a little limited for choice given the time of year, so while The View was almost the only option, it turned out to be fantastic. Food and service were great, fairly typical Scottish fare with good portions. The wine list was comprehensive and reasonably priced. Would definitely return to The View